rockmeister

good luck

just to say good luck to all who are doing the work.

Doing bugger all meself this year, thought for once I'd be a selfish listener, but know how hard all will be working to get stuff ready, so, as the man said.

Good luck!

Take plenty of pics Rocky!

Super Wammer

Is anyone else looking forward to packing it all up and re-setting it all back at Scalford? I actually find it quite therapeutic maybe its mild OCD :geek:

I'm really looking forward to all those stairs. This year instead of dreading them I'll be treating them as a 'work out' as i'll be missing gym on Sunday.

A bit of both sides here. I stripped the system down and packed it away this morning. Didnt really enjoy that. But I do enjoy setting it up again, so looking forward to tomorrow.

Then the actual show is always fun and makes it all worthwhile.

just to say good luck to all who are doing the work.

Doing bugger all meself this year, thought for once I'd be a selfish listener, but know how hard all will be working to get stuff ready, so, as the man said.

Good luck!

John, thanks. It would be nice to see you if you get a chance to pop into room 82.

The little Snells will be there again, but this time with AI 2nd audios.

Is anyone else looking forward to packing it all up and re-setting it all back at Scalford? I actually find it quite therapeutic maybe its mild OCD :geek:
I'm really looking forward to all those stairs. This year instead of dreading them I'll be treating them as a 'work out' as i'll be missing gym on Sunday.

Not sure which one of you two are the daftest

Super Wammer

Had not thought of that, free workout :^

Still complete mayhem here. Mashed with work, so I'll probably be taking it all apart tonight then discovering tomorrow that half of it won't fit in the car. It's good to take it apart every now and again though. Gives me a chance to dust it all and keeps the contacts clean. Just praying it all fits and nothing goes bang. Also keep thinking about all the bits I might forget. Heavy-duty extension lead, spare fuses, spare tubes, tools, etc. :nerves:

Is anyone else looking forward to packing it all up and re-setting it all back at Scalford?

I quite like taking the system apart as I think it is good for the cable connections to be moved once in a while. Certainly this year it's much easier for me as I don't have to become Precious McKenzie to move the Apogees around.

Connected the Maggies up to the Krell yesterday for the first time and by golly, it sounds good! So I'm looking forward to Sunday. Woohoo!

Feck, I hate it. Total stress head right now ...

I sympathise Bob. Here's the hum control pot out of one of my RCA amps which I discovered yesterday afternoon has a large section burned out (and the observant among you will notice that one half of the wiper contact spring has snapped too).

BurnedLMI-32216pot_zps325de8c4.jpg

So I'll just nip round to Maplin and pick up another one then. Er ... no. It's a 55-year old component with a slightly unusual value and a very unusual casing which, of course, fastens directly and fairly conspicuously to the amp's chassis. It's at this point that you thank your lucky stars you've got a spare unrestored amp from which you can rob the necessary part. Job's now done and I'm listening to them as I write this. Here they are, with the Leaks in front.

Scalford2013amps_zps83c482a1.jpg

VB