Sign in to follow this  
Brown Bottle

The Arcade Fire

I love their new single, does anyone (Lee or Chezi probably) have thier album and is it any good?

Funds are low running upto Christmas (4 kids to buy for) so I don't want to waste the hard earned on it if it's crap.

I've got it. It's good, but not as good as the music magazines make it out to be. There have been better records released this year (IMO of course).

I really dont like them. To me they are quite pretentious, I saw them on Jools Holland and that didnt change my mind.

Guest purplepleaser

I have the album still only give 3 out of 5 and thats at a push. Try hmw for a listen first.

Lee

I have it and have played it a handful of times then gave up.

A lot of hype about them. Have only heard bits. Wasn't impressed. Doubt I'll be buying it. Neighborhood #2 sounds pretty good, though.

Samples at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002IVN9W/102-7984476-2085758?v=glance

This thread is funny, on every other messageboard I have discussed this band most people think they're great, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks there's something lacking.

Glad to see winter has arrived at last NAC.

I agree that there are some high points on the album but not enough really..

People who liked this thread also considered starting an interpol thread.

What do you all think of Interpol then?

I dont like Interpol much either, I used to have the first album, there were a couple of good tracks but it's too depressing and the singer reminds me of Joy Division.

I quite like it myself :PI would probably give it 7 or 8 out of 10, I do however agree that they have been totally over hyped, which unfortunately seems to be the norm these days.:roll:

I also quite like Antics by Interpol; I don’t think is a patch on Editors The Back Room and album it is often compared with but good none the less.

Miller-8 wrote:

I dont like Interpol much either, I used to have the first album, there were a couple of good tracks but it's too depressing and the singer reminds me of Joy Division.

Too depressing? :Not Sure: Me no understand...

Arcade Fire are great. And Editors. Interpol are OK.

Joy Division RULE. :P

Been listening to this again after these discussions and i have to say David Byrne would rooll in his proverbial. Are this lot not just a poor Talking Heads rip off. Neighbourhood 2 is so obvious a rip off i can't believe i never spotted it it till now