Beobloke

The 'Handy Things' thread

I know we did this in the past - I can't seem to find a thread for this year's event, so here it is. If people would like to list items they are bringing that may be of help to anyone who suffers a laspe of memory or a disaster on the day, this is the place for it.

To start off, in the Windsor Room (first floor above reception) paying host to team Beobloke you will find:

- Full tool kit

- Soldering Iron

- Blu-tac

- Spare interconnects (Foo rating - moderate to good)

- Spare mains leads (Foo rating - zero)

- Spare mains extension blocks (Foo rating - zero)

Bring a years worth of butthurt that you can let go of in the bar or carpark. :^

Seriously, you can never have too many cables or mains extensions.

I took a kettle and some stuff to make coffee last year. Was a godsend.

As Adam said, Blu-tac. Very handy stuff.

Are exhibitors doing their own door signs this year? It's always good to have your name on the door and a kit list.

The Coleman room will have a variety of saws in case your speakers are too big for the door :^

My room was above the court yard where Steve was sawing his speakers in half, I was watching the footie results and could here "sawing" going on, I wish I'd have looked out of the window.

Never in a million years would I have guessed what was going on.

Super Wammer

im takeing my newly aquired pre-amp, that i rate very highly :love:, deans trying it for a hour, but if anyone else fancys trying it drop me a pm, dont forget brown sauce for yer pie :D

[quote=bmtell;

Are exhibitors doing their own door signs this year? It's always good to have your name on the door and a kit list.

Good idea! Forgot about that. Lots of power extension stuff, screwdrivers etc if you need to construct stands or whatever.

The Coleman room will have a variety of saws in case your speakers are too big for the door :^

I don't think you'll have a problem, not with the width anyway - the Colman room door is pretty wide. Trouble is, it is out of plumb, which means the door swings open of it's own accord and it lets all of the noise from the reception area/bar in :doh: I must have closed it about three zillion times when I had it. :x You never know, maybe they've fixed it :^

I also forgot to add soap, deoderant and a toothbrush with some toothpaste. And actually use them.

You know who you are.

Super Wammer
I also forgot to add soap, deoderant and a toothbrush with some toothpaste. And actually use them.

You know who you are.

You chatting to a mirror again Mark? :P

You chatting to a mirror again Mark? :P

I must admit to being a bit smelly today. But I will be smelling sweet and sexy come Scalford.

Super Wammer
I must admit to being a bit smelly today. But I will be smelling sweet and sexy come Scalford.

I suppose you have to make an effort now..... :D Not with the unwashed masses anymore!

I suppose you have to make an effort now..... :D Not with the unwashed masses anymore!

It's only for two days. Then I can go back to playing the part of the stinky wierdo that is not allowed near the paying public. I do it so well.

Sack trolleys are good if you have them.

Is there anywhere to store boxes for those in syndicate and other rooms?

Poster and Blu Tack for your door!

Like so:

Room 98 - Petrol_Gargler (use comic sans if you are a twat)

Cartridge = IO - Mangled after pissed up music sesh last night

TT = SME 30 - free to collector - good for parts

Amp = One blown valve, sounding like a V8 running on 3 cylinders after Pete Fekked it.

Speakers = Living Voice OBXRW (left tweeter pushed in by Rabski trying to find his bed)

You will also need to bring:

Money for beer and tee shirts.

Cables and plug extensions. Lots

Coffee machine

Biscuits

A nice bottle of Petrus for James.

Some Alkaseltzer

And a mate to man the room while you go for a dump.

Bring your PayPal receipt for your Saturday night dinner! or you will not eat!

We are not making a penny on this, by the time we have paid for the band it'll be at a loss, so please buy your ticket in advance!