ob1

Squeezebox at show, wireless connection

Would it be possible for me to use Squeezebox (and MAC Mini), Can I get a WiFi connection in room at the hall?

Assuming the source material is on the Mac Mini can you just use a cable?

I never try, if it possble then I will look in to it. thx

ps I have Duet, I thought the controller need Wifi to connected to the Receiver

Last year I took an old Netgear wireless router with me, just turned off the wireless part so I didn't interfere with anybody else, and wired my PC and Squeezebox Touch with Ethernet.

As I'm not exhibiting this year, I can lend you my old router and cables if you don't have one.

S.

Last year I took an old Netgear wireless router with me, just turned off the wireless part so I didn't interfere with anybody else, and wired my PC and Squeezebox Touch with Ethernet.

As I'm not exhibiting this year, I can lend you my old router and cables if you don't have one.

S.

Thank you for the offer, I do have a router but not quite clue up of what is need to be done so I will experiment this weekend and if I come stuck can I pm you with the question pls.

thx again

Thank you for the offer, I do have a router but not quite clue up of what is need to be done so I will experiment this weekend and if I come stuck can I pm you with the question pls.

thx again

If you have a router and the ethernet cables, it should work straight away as there shouldn't be any passwords or other setups needed. PM me if you need any help.

S.

I never try, if it possble then I will look in to it. thx

ps I have Duet, I thought the controller need Wifi to connected to the Receiver

Ob1, the duet receiver connects via wifi to the receiver, the receiver acts as a wireless access point for this. If I search the wireless access points in my house then the receiver shows up. A simple wire then from the mac mini to the receiver should suffice. You can test it all before going, just switch off your other wireless access points first!

Many thanks :^

To connect the SB to your computer directly you will need a crossover ethernet cable. If you do it via a router, to give you wireless to the controller, then a plain ethernet cable.

if the wireless part is a no-no, then use the squeeze server on the mac.

This is all assuming that your music is on the Mac

To connect the SB to your computer directly you will need a crossover ethernet cable. If you do it via a router, to give you wireless to the controller, then a plain ethernet cable.

if the wireless part is a no-no, then use the squeeze server on the mac.

This is all assuming that your music is on the Mac

Most computers these days will auto-detect whether they have to cross over or not, best to check before the show though!