NAM

What's the damage?

Guest BD Audio
not skimping on the beer

Depends who you are, Rabski's bar bill was £3k last year.

I economised. It was actually well under £2995.

Room at Scalford Hall £69

Saturday night dinner £20

Lunch on Sunday £10

Beer ?

So around £100 + beer

S.

Room at Scalford Hall £69

Saturday night dinner £20

Lunch on Sunday £10

Beer ?

So around £100 + beer

S.

About £300 then :?

You forgot,

Hire of Van £170 - £200

Fuel £120 - £150

Record Purchases in Entrance Hall £100

Transport costs obviously depending on, etc.

This year, I'm determined to fit the whole lot into her A-Class. Last time I hired a van, but it was madness as there was enough spare room for half the house. Does make it safe and simple though and means not having to disassemble racks. Getting it there and getting it in the room is fine. The real bastard is getting it all back in the car/van late on the Sunday.

Also £12 for entry fee, if last year's request for exhibitors to pay is the same this year.

Andrew

Plus tickets/food/drink/accommodation for any 'helpers'. Plus anything you spend sorting your system out that you would have lived without if it wasn't going on public display (robust packaging, for example).

VB

Also £12 for entry fee, if last year's request for exhibitors to pay is the same this year.

Andrew

There wasn't an entry fee for exhibitours last year, only £5 to cover the insurance on all the kit. The only exceptions are the really large rooms which carry a £30 supplement if memory serves.

Transport costs obviously depending on, etc.

This year, I'm determined to fit the whole lot into her A-Class. Last time I hired a van, but it was madness as there was enough spare room for half the house. Does make it safe and simple though and means not having to disassemble racks. Getting it there and getting it in the room is fine. The real bastard is getting it all back in the car/van late on the Sunday.

I had to read that line twice.

• Upvote 1

Andrew

We've never asked for exhibitors to pay an entrance fee!

We've never asked for exhibitors to pay an entrance fee!

Oh my bad! I was sure I read it - therefore subsequently gave the extra contribution. Oh well I am sure it went to some good.

Andrew

Spending at Scalford can be pretty elastic. My numbers above of £100 plus beer is the minimum assuming an overnight stay, and either visiting or exhibiting in a small room (I forgot about the entrance fee). The two previous years I exhibited I didn't need to hire a van, my fuel was perhaps £30, and record purchases are optional.

Obviously, somebody coming from Scotland or Cornwall, with a weekend's van hire and 600 miles of fuel will spend rather more. Someone not staying Saturday night and no van hire can do it for perhaps £100 including beer. That last statement may be queried.

S.