SALE bargains. You've seen an amazing deal, so please share it.

I placed an order with What Records after the post from Bignose5 recently. The delivery took 5 days and there were a couple of items unfulfilled, but I'm happy enough with that. They emailed me to tell me the outstanding record is on its way, and I am just waiting on a Pink Floyd poster (!).

They aren't Amazon, and I don't expect their shipping times to be comparable to Amazon. In a nutshell, I'm happy.

For those interested in cheap second-hand cds or dvds, Music Magpie have a sale on of buy one get one half-price, but the prices are ridiculously cheap. I just ordered 6 cds for just over £6.

Edited by bohemian

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, bohemian said:

For those interested in cheap second-hand cds or dvds, Music Magpie have a sale on of buy one get one half-price, but the prices are ridiculously cheap. I just ordered 6 cds for just over £6.

I also have a link to get first-time buyers 10% off their first order (and 10% off for me!).

Get a discount code for 10% off at musicMagpie Store

why not give it a try?

followed the link, web site is terrible and very slow, did not offer me an opportunity to enter the discount code, still 17x CDs for £30 isn't bad, cheers

I'm annoyed at that, Paul.  pM me your email address and I'll chase magpie up about it. 

Still, glad you are happy with deal you got so far. 

Chris

Super Wammer

there's something badly wrong with their website ordering system

I paid £30.24 and they have confirmed an order of over £37 and they've duplicated one item

they maybe getting the whole order back at this rate

4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

there's something badly wrong with their website ordering system

I paid £30.24 and they have confirmed an order of over £37 and they've duplicated one item

they maybe getting the whole order back at this rate

I am so sorry you are having problems, Paul.  I have never had difficulties with them before.  I feel terrible at recommending them now and will delete the link I gave. Please delete the link from your post which you quoted so no-one else has problems.

I will take it up with them, if you wish.

Edited by bohemian

Music Magpie are very much about cheap as dirt second hand CDs, and not really about providing a great service. That said, I have ordered loads of stuff from them over the years and they have been fine. Once they sent me the wrong CD and never replied to my email about it, but given that I had only wasted about a quid I wasn't bothered. 

I've bought quite a few CDs form MusicMagpie without billing or delivery issues, usually browsing through things like their 2 for £2 lists. The condition can be pretty variable but being CDs they still play fine. 

Super Wammer
24 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I am so sorry you are having problems, Paul.  I have never had difficulties with them before.  I feel terrible at recommending them now and will delete the link I gave. Please delete the link from your post which you quoted so no-one else has problems.

I will take it up with them, if you wish.

well I've emailed them. let's see if they reply, although since I paid by CC through a 3DS site can't see how they can get more money

I'm, also VERY wary of sites that ask for your date of birth quite why the hell they need that I do not know !It is  data just waiting to be stolen - anyway of course they get totally the wrong date :D 

I've used Music Magpie loads of times without any real issues, sometimes the jewel cases are cracked or cardboard covers are a bit dirty but the CDs always play okay. But they are usually very cheap and value for money.

Had a few items myself from magpie in the past without any issues

Posted (edited)

This Ltd edition set is down to £30.75 at amazon uk.

617Os28J7kL._SX355_.jpg

91vGno3JISL._SY355_.jpg
Edited by Bignose5

https://www.365games.co.uk

Any 3 LPs £20 and free delivery.