Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Smalls

Top 5 Bad records

Any 5 records by Goldie looking Chain.

also:

Love on the rocks, Neil Diamond. Brilliant.. cheese of the highest order but brilliant. Same goes for Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty.

Musn't forget:

Donald where's yer troosers - Andy Stewart

Ich und die wirklichkeit - Deutsche Amerikanische Freundschaft (and of course "Der Mussolini")

Surfin Bird - The Cramps (they're worthy of constant mentioning)

(I want to go to the) Zoo - Psycore (amazing how angry this record is - they only want to go to the zoo FFS!)

Anything by Napalm Death (they're all the same anyway!)

Guest earl of sodbury

Excellent! :^ Must look out Psycore...

Yes, the Cramps are defintiely an "anything by" for this thread.

More of this sort of a thing! You can't all be listening to middle-of-the-road-that-leads-over-the-hill stuff... can you? :nerves::nup:

have you heard anything by william shatner? was he for real on them recordings.

Guest earl of sodbury

rudolph hucker wrote:

have you heard anything by william shatner? was he for real on them recordings.

William-Shatner-Has-Been-303334.jpg

"Has Been", and his version of Pulp's "Common People" was one of last year's Best Things IMHO... Here his tongue is firmly in his cheek.

"The Transformed Man" (1968) is another story -suspect this was laid down in deadly, if chemically-enhancedearnest. Daresay he's since changed his tune... so t'speak...and now claims it was all just a bit of a larf...It was 1968, after-all: it's been quite a musical "career break" in-between.

churz, eofs

yea i remember that common people song from last year. and i aggree it was a great song. did it chart at all?

And another 2:

I'm in love with Margaret Thatcher - The Not Sensibles

Gerry and the Holograms - Gerry and the Holograms

Some good stuff in this thread,

EoS The Cramps are fuckin brilliant ...........of the bone is a great album spesh Surfin Bird (nice one Leonard)

Violent Femmes , well under-rated IMO, 2 or 3 very good albums , Country death song , Blister in the sun , It's gonna rain , to name a few stand out tracks.

Dunno if these really fit the bill but here goes.

Splodgenessabounds album of the same name , some quirky lyrics including ; I've got lots of famous people laying dormant under the floorboards of my humble abode , and The Malcolm opera (I can't go around with a blocked up nose like this.....course you can Malcolm, coz everybody will take the piss....no they wont Malcolm , I ain't got my Vick's sinex in my pocket ,silly boy Malcolm....because ...I forgot it.......sniff your sinex everyday , all your troubles will go away , you'll be able to smell the flowers , coz it lasts up to 8 hours .....MALCOLM!!!):lmao:

Half man , Half biscuit , All I want for xmas is a Dukla Prague away kit and the Trumpton riots.:^ (incidently I'm going to see them on 24th Nov , the day after my birthday.):oj:

Spizz Energi , Where's Captain Kirk?:Coool:

Flying Lizards , Money. some good bleeping in a classic cover version.

Jilted John , need I say more.

Lene Lovich.:)

Any takers on The Colorblind James Experience ???? Considering a move to Memphis is a very good track .:Coool::Coool:

Camper van Beethoven have a few good albums available too.:cool::cool:

chezi. cannae count.:Not Sure:

chezi61 wrote:

Some good stuff in this thread,

Spizz Energi , Where's Captain Kirk?:Coool:

Spizz Oil, energi, athletico spizz 80.. Those were the days. And as for Jilted John, wonder what he's doing now? He's probably Simon Cowell :D

Mustn't forget:

Crass - Feeding of the 5000

John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett - Headbutts

earl of sodbury wrote:

Barnes & Barnes : "Fish Heads" or "Kiss Me Where It Stinks" - welcome to New Jersey... Novelty songs' lowest (and finest) ebb...

I have the Yeah! best of Barnes and barnes. big :^for "boogie woogie amputee" and "feminine parts"

Guest earl of sodbury

kennyk wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:

Barnes & Barnes : "Fish Heads" or "Kiss Me Where It Stinks" - welcome to New Jersey... Novelty songs' lowest (and finest) ebb...

I have the Yeah! best of Barnes and barnes. big :^for "boogie woogie amputee" and "feminine parts"

You, sir, have Consummate good taste - in the field of Bad Taste Music!

Other personal faves include the creepy "Sit On My Face and Call Me Daddy" and the Devo-esque send-up "Linoleum"!

A helping of Kudos all round!

Huzzah! EofS