Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Kate Bush - Ariel

Guest earl of sodbury

Heard an interview with her on Radio 4 on Friday - she had a good gripe about the decline in quality of musical formats from LP to CD to MP3!

Top Teenage Tossfodder and a closet audiophool! :love:

Might have to buy that CD...

Some guys selling it on hfc for a tenner delivered in the classifieds

One of the chaps in the office is a big Kate Bush fan, had a listen today. But only on the works CDP. It sounded quite good.

I ordered it, put it that way.:^

First impressions :^. The second cd is immediately more accessible than the first but those tonsils. Still in great shape.

Super Wammer

well I like it :dude:

Super Wammer

Listening to mine now . If anyone else comes in with stupid qestions tonite i'm gonna get cross:off:

Super Wammer

Just been visited by Rolph H. WOW :^

Think it's quite an interesting album. Very difficult for her I suppose in that the expectation factor for this release has been very high.

The two discs are quite different, the first I found quite difficult to get into with some complicated melodies and a variety of styles. Think this first disc is a little low key though it might be a grower. The second disc is perhaps more immediately accessible, I saw one press review describe it as a 'concept album' though personally that description was probably applied because it doesn't fit comfortably into a particular genre.

The five star reviews I've seen are perhaps generous in that the return of KB with new material has undoubtedly added a star or two. I think it's an interesting release with few high points and do get the feeling that this is an album to appreciate at leisure rather than expect to be knocked out at first listen.

Is it as good as previous releases, well difficult to say but I err on the side of caution and whilst welcoming the new I have a slight pang of disappointment ..........

What I think will be interesting are observations from the younger music buyer and opinion as to whether this release would succeed from a new artist rather than a return from someone with such a prestigious reputation.