Bouba

Densen amps : what do you think ?

The B110 is awful..

Interesting...Care to elaborate? Some people use Densen amps in combination with Dynaudio speakers and swear by the combo. Most Densen amps look like really good designs on paper, with power doubling into 4ohms. I wonder what makes them so unpopular.

I have only heard it once at the Uxbridge show last year. I thought it was quite competitively priced. The clarity of the music was astounding but on the brighter side so speaker matching will be critical.

Total agreement from me with this. I've heard the Densen range sound both astounding and awful. Get the speaker matching right and they're sublime.

I ran a 400+/200/300xs then 400+ modded/200/2*310 for a few years. I didn't find Densen excessively bright once tweaked a bit (although cd was the brightest) - it actually worked quite well with Neat Elites which were meant to be bright, I think that what in comparison to current amps was the problem was more feeling of thinness, lacking weight or power. It is good kit, but definitely in a niche.

I ran a 400+/200/300xs then 400+ modded/200/2*310 for a few years. I didn't find Densen excessively bright once tweaked a bit (although cd was the brightest) - it actually worked quite well with Neat Elites which were meant to be bright, I think that what in comparison to current amps was the problem was more feeling of thinness, lacking weight or power. It is good kit, but definitely in a niche.

Really? Mine weren't, perhaps they were faulty :?

I've had a b100 for the last five years.

It goes from 'working' to sublime after about 3hrs from switch on (and i don't really believe in warm up).

Hello,

for years I have had the B100MKII, the combo B200/B300, B400, B400XS and DM-10.

I'm a confessed fan of the brand but in the case of B200/B300 combo I had no time for such aspects comentaís bright. Far from being a problem of the B200 (which I think is very good) the problem was in the first 900 units of the B300. The B300XS was quite another story.

Densen sound aesthetics is the sound of a fast, dynamic, on the neutral side of the sound and a lot of air. The appearance of this neutrality haque any bad mechanical adjustment and especially in the most common bad choice ................ positioning of the boxes in the room through the modal study room cancellations and reinforcements to eliminate vital to obtain a natural tonal balance in the limit as I say neutral sound. Anything other than that casts a harsh sound and brilliant .......... nothing further from reality. Densen signfica the perfect nexus between a music lover and an audiophile. Becomes non-audiophile music lovers and audiophiles the world in true music lovers. Neither more nor less.

That said, the DM-10 I think one of the amplifiers with the most elegant and sophisticated sound I have ever had the opportunity to listen transistors in absolute terms.

One of the items that can be counted on the fingers of one hand to make music and not hifi Simple. Music by the absence of any hint of intrinsic mechanical component in any reproduction increasing subjective dynamics. The DM-10 is to open a window and look at the infinite horizon ......... For home amplifiers have spent countless different strata quantitative, some very expensive, and making music the DM-10 looks over shoulder rest.

I hope someday Sillesen Thomas decides to put on the market a DM-10 Special Edition MKIII or to pay tribute to the apparatus with which began the journey of Densen in the audio world.

The 25th anniversary of the brand would be the perfect excuse!

greetings

gizmo

The B110 is awful. The older Beat 100 or even better a DM10 are excellent though.

TBH I'd just get a Naim Nait 5i or Nait XS.

Have you listened to the B120 Limited Edition? I am interested to know how does the B120 compare to the 130+ and B150+, whether the B120 is a significant departure from the B110/100 in sound quality. Does the higher-end integrateds in the Densen line sound considerably better (than the B110 or B100)?

I have consistently read about the B110 sounding lacklustre or unremarkable. How about the higher-end models starting from the B120 LE?

I have listened to the Naim Nait XS in my system before. Sounded good but not particularly outstanding (though I currently own the Naim NAC202/NAP200/Dual Teddycap).

Hello,

for years I have had the B100MKII, the combo B200/B300, B400, B400XS and DM-10.

I'm a confessed fan of the brand but in the case of B200/B300 combo I had no time for such aspects comentaís bright. Far from being a problem of the B200 (which I think is very good) the problem was in the first 900 units of the B300. The B300XS was quite another story.

Densen sound aesthetics is the sound of a fast, dynamic, on the neutral side of the sound and a lot of air. The appearance of this neutrality haque any bad mechanical adjustment and especially in the most common bad choice ................ positioning of the boxes in the room through the modal study room cancellations and reinforcements to eliminate vital to obtain a natural tonal balance in the limit as I say neutral sound. Anything other than that casts a harsh sound and brilliant .......... nothing further from reality. Densen signfica the perfect nexus between a music lover and an audiophile. Becomes non-audiophile music lovers and audiophiles the world in true music lovers. Neither more nor less.

That said, the DM-10 I think one of the amplifiers with the most elegant and sophisticated sound I have ever had the opportunity to listen transistors in absolute terms.

One of the items that can be counted on the fingers of one hand to make music and not hifi Simple. Music by the absence of any hint of intrinsic mechanical component in any reproduction increasing subjective dynamics. The DM-10 is to open a window and look at the infinite horizon ......... For home amplifiers have spent countless different strata quantitative, some very expensive, and making music the DM-10 looks over shoulder rest.

I hope someday Sillesen Thomas decides to put on the market a DM-10 Special Edition MKIII or to pay tribute to the apparatus with which began the journey of Densen in the audio world.

The 25th anniversary of the brand would be the perfect excuse!

greetings

gizmo

The DM-10 has been discontinued. As good as it can get, it's no longer available for purchase. As someone who pays a lot of attention on aesthetics, I cannot accept used DM-10 Mk2 units due to the tarnished gold knobs, even if the sound quality is stellar.

The new Densen line of integrated looks great. A minimalist look which I like. However, there are consistent remarks about the uninspiring sound of the B100/B110. Do you have experience with the higher models starting from the B120 LE? Does the B120 LE sound reasonably better than the B110? I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Cheers.

I demoed the B200-B300 last year and my ears couldn't take it anymore after ten minutes. :sick: imo the sound is f**king bright. The plus sides are the very tight bass and PRaT, but you'd need careful speaker matching lest that Densen treble takes your ears off.

I settled for the Rega Elicit which sounds balanced to my ears. I would also take the also-rans Arcam A38 (my yardstick for ss neutrality) or Roksan Caspian M2 over those Densens anyday.

YMMV of course.

SS

I have owned the Rega Elicit. Sounded too warm and lush for my taste, and when the music gets busy the Elicit can't quite keep up with the pace and music sounded "slow". As usual, it depends a lot on speaker matching, hence I can understand the application of YMMV.

Speaking as a Densen Beat B100 owners since God was a boy, since 1995, the brightness is a result of speaker unsuitability. Densens are extremely fussy about which speakers to keep company with, get right they sing sweetly.. Mine's did okay at Salford. For further tips PM me.

I have a B100 Mk V driving Sonus Faber Concertos. Sounds good to me. This combination doesn't sound harsh or over treblely. With any equipment, in the end its down to mix and match to get the sound you like.

The DM-10 has been discontinued. As good as it can get, it's no longer available for purchase. As someone who pays a lot of attention on aesthetics, I cannot accept used DM-10 Mk2 units due to the tarnished gold knobs, even if the sound quality is stellar.

A strange reason not to buy a used amp. You should be able to get them replated easily enough.

Speaker matching is fundamental. I heard Densen's top pre and power in to some Zu Druids and it sounded horrible. Change the speaker and it sounded amazing. I had heard the Druids sound great with Pass Labs so I couldn't say that the speaker was bad at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Guest MJ.

Owned a B100 for a few weeks and it was sterile and uninvolving.

Competent enough, with great timing, loads of space around instruments etc, just bereft of any emotional involvement with the music.