falcoron

Interconnects, what made your jaw drop?

The first Tandy ones I ever bought as an upgrade to the freebie ones were pretty jaw dropping. Just a much fuller sound with loads more bass. Then to go to £50 second hand Chord Chameleon was a pretty big step. I've heard decent improvements all the way along. Next was Chord Chorus. Now I am using Mark Grant Oyaide / wbt + MCRU unltimate. The extra shielding on these + better connectors work well.

The biggest step was the first one. The last one has been good too.

Funny my biggest jump with interconnects was freebies to kimper PBJ, years ago made my arcam cd player open up in spades

I still like the Hitachi OFC - they made my jaw drop for a £fiver! :)

got that ok Keith,

You have a serious system and can't imagine you have van damme in there now do you,

my attempt at a bit of wit! :)

Mogami.

Keith.

Easy one for me, Transparent Audio Digital I/C. £1Gazzillionpoinds. Made fuck all difference. Jaw dropping idiocy.

why_image020.jpg.ac71744e9a389ef8675dbf1

why_image020.jpg.ac9e31f43bbddb0c60fa5ef

Mogami.

Keith.

now your are getting witty!

Had Mogami when it was all the DIY'ers dream back a while started over on audiogon i think. Was shit from what i remember, think its still in the shed somewhere probably corroded to nothing by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy one for me, Transparent Audio Digital I/C. £1Gazzillionpoinds. Made fuck all difference. Jaw dropping idiocy.

Even the Mods cant resist it, good greif!

Ron I have tried lots even persuaded to buy some ( with my own money) ,but Mogami, Van Damme ,etc are completely fine.

I just get the cable for the job.

Keith.

• Upvote 1

now your are getting witty!

Had Mogami when it was all the DIY'ers dream back a while started over on audiogon i think. Was shit from what i remember, think its still in the shed somewhere probably corroded to nothing by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the Mods cant resist it, good greif!

ALL opinions welcome on the wam, as long as they are not racist or homophobic. Starting a thread stating who can and cannot post is a red rag to a bull.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7662[/ATTACH]

Ron I have tried lots even persuaded to buy some ( with my own money) ,but Mogami, Van Damme ,etc are completely fine.

I just get the cable for the job.

Keith.

Thanks,

But i cant understand how van damme could even be near your system. I have tried the speaker wires and the interconnects and they sounded really dull. All i wanted was cheap wire to experiment with when building the Open Baffles, had the van damme and put that in spent hours and hours of my time trying to get better detail and clarity from them and nearly gave up. had my main system wired with tellurium black and although this was put behind the skirting board i got it out and tried that just to rule out the Van damme as a problem, but it was the cable, the whole thing lit up and the detail and bass improved out of site. I then tried the cable talk 3 as 1, its cheap enough and 2, i had a PM saying how good it was from a mate on the wam so i popped that in and it was every bit as good as the Tellerium, so (i'm no badge follower) i sold the tellurium and my whole systems speaker wiring is Talk 3 and superb it is too.

I know thats speaker wire but i found the same with the V Damme interconnects, even the freebies where head and shoulders better but way too bright for my ears, but way better detail all round than the V damme. Would have loved them to be good i'm all for a bargain me.

Sitting down to a dealer's presentation of 2 models of Kubala Sosna cables, "These Kubala Sosna cables are so neutral they just don't get in the way!". I had heard this a lot by this time and was keen to see (hear).

So I had to remark after the first cable swap, why does that model sound different to the first? (Aren't they {all/some/randomly} supposed to be neutral?)

Obvious that it would be a matter of system synergy at that point, cables being my greatest fear and the unlikelihood I would be unable to traipse my gear in for a synergy test of the various models I left without a sale to the dealer.

He had other prospectives interested though.

Underwhelmed.

ALL opinions welcome on the wam, as long as they are not racist or homophobic. Starting a thread stating who can and cannot post is a red rag to a bull.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7662[/ATTACH]

Sorry James

I didn't state who could or could not post i just asked that those who dont beleive to resist, it adds nothing to the thread and for those that do beleive cables make a difference sometimes on here they are made feel stupid by some. Also i have on occasion posted things that the OP said he would rather not have opinions on and have been sharply reminded of that.

But fair do's when your a mod you can plod on i suppose.

Ron don't think it's a case of not believing think you well know or I would like to think most comments are based on personal experience and not just out of resistance , if there are such cables that transform systems I'm sure most of us would know about them by now and a debate not needed ?

i was very pleasantly surprised by my valhalla xlr , i was expecting a very fast sound but insteand there was way more air and space around instruments , sad to say i had to sell it

those that do beleive cables make a difference sometimes on here they are made feel stupid by some.QUOTE]

:D