Kiang

The Great Cable Debate

Kiang wrote:

3 POSSIBLY 4 more to go , many testers are averaging upto a week for the test.

Will any mag post the results ? Dave Price (hi fi World) might he is interested in this sort of thing, was talking to him last week and he said he had spoke with that chap from the newspaper

can ask him if you want?

Kiang wrote:

where are cables now ?

Finished AK ?

Nope

if chris PMs me his addy I'll send them before tuesday, been hectic here.

5 months now boys...well no-one can say we didn't take this (very) seriously; unless of course some os us are just leaving cables lying around the house in the box for ages and ages and ages:roll::nerves:

It'll certainly be worth the wait though.

Gave some of us a chance to play around with mains (:shock:) in the comfort of our own homes (something which we can't always conveniantly do) :)

Sory to be a pain, but this is going on for so long that the results will be irrelevent soon...we'll all be using battery powered electronics or some such...could you (Kiang) possibly reveal the light at the end of the tunnel...ie, who has them now and exactly how many more to go? I apprciate, having done it myself, that it's nice to do it 'properly' but a couple of days...three at most is enough ain't it? Surely?:Not Sure: I only ask since, according to your post on March 14th, we ought to have finished this weekend?

AK has em now , next is supercapman and then glens of antrim.

Finally still tones.

two other members contacted saying they wanted to go on the test - will re-check if they still want to go ahead.

Lots of delays chaps - many took a week or more for test, sorry did not anticipate/expect such delays.

good things come to those who wait :D

thing is getting an hour to sit down wqith no distractions ain't always easy in a family home, the single chaps would be quicker I imagine.

AK.. no wish to be rude, but according to these posts, you've had thenm nearly three weeks now...if you really don't have a spare 2 or 3 hours in that time, drop out of the test and move them on...you are after all holding everyone else up.

rockmeister wrote:

AK.. no wish to be rude, but according to these posts, you've had thenm nearly three weeks now...if you really don't have a spare 2 or 3 hours in that time, drop out of the test and move them on...you are after all holding everyone else up.

I did consider it, but test done and cables on way. But no doubt if I'd dropped out, assumptions woulda been made, so I did my best, whats the hurry anyway, not going anywhere are you, so it took 5 months so far, is it a race?

Guest earl of sodbury

It's well worth waiting to the end - it will be particualrly useful to haveour most vociferoushardcore sceptic involved in the test, and the greater the numbers involved, the more useful the data produced, so patience please folks - think of Maggie Thatcher's wrinkly dewlaps to hold back that premmie...

churz, eofs

I'm not getting at AK in particular here (OK, I am) but it's just frustrating. I don't do tests, but I thought, "get in the spirit" etc, and suprised myself because I found it enjoyable and entertaining and eye opening.Now I just want to know what everyone else thought (and, to be perfectly honest, I need to know how in tune my ears are to everyone elses here...that is a MAJOR part of this for me...am I out of synch? touch?). Of course I'm prepared to wait for everyone to have a fair go...but when anyone is a bit sleepy, then it''s fair enough for someone else to shout 'wake up and get on with it!" If YOU chaps don't want to do this, fear not, I will!:)