Sign in to follow this  
Plug

'Castle' brand name been sold?

Davewhityetagain wrote:

The two brothers (IAG) are a funny pair would not be wise to put my views on the forum :)that said all the other companies they have took over have had good customer service and back up put in place and I think more than once its better than what was there to start with.

The only company in the list they took over, they could not better the customer service was Quad

I interviewed there a while back. The strangest organisation I've ever had dealings with. But when you're right you're right, their service, customer support and production consistency arevery impressive and they are probably the benchmark for UK design/China build companies.

And I wouldn't say no to a pair of 2805's :).

Guest earl of sodbury

Got a notion they've got their hooks into Arcam, too...

Guest earl of sodbury

DaveyJ wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:
Got a notion they've got their hooks into Arcam, too...

Why d'you say that ? There's no clue on their web site, or anywhere else I can seefor that matter.

Just a feeling in my water old sausage.

A lot of good manufacturers of great loudspeaker systems have gone down/been transferred - possibly the growth area is iPod 128 kps Serbian AAC 3.5mm reversed-stereo systems???

Guest Alex A

IAG haven't made any commitments yet afaik for actually producing speakers under the Castle name. There is quite an interesting piece on the history of the group in this months HFN. It seems they also own the LEAK name but have yet to use it (for the Western market at least).

Having just acquired a pair of Harlechs, I can imagine if they do use the name then the materials quality might drop (given that Castle were primarily traditional cabinet manufacturers). I don't like what they've done with Mission, which despite what they say is a brand that has gone seriously downhill in the last 5 years or so. They used to make beautiful looking speakers, now they all look plastic :/

Lets hope that they do continue Castle and that they respect the traditions of the company.

Guest Alex A

I was talking about craftsmanship ;)

Guest Alex A

Yup, the 78 series, the 77 series, and the newer 750LE. Obviously to a taste just like anything. But tonnes better than the stuff they make now.