Duvet

Footie

Admin

:oj:and doing them at Old Trafford ............ still not sure we want a cup run though...better to win the league but enjoy the moment i will

Tee-Hee :D

My little Sis/Bro-in-law and all their kids are absolute nutcase Leeds fans - they live 70 miles from us but I swear I can hear the cheering here :D

I don't think they will do as well against Tottenham. Shame if they will have to cash in on the success, and sell their assests.

Admin

Craig wrote:

Well done Leeds. MU were bloody atrocious but it takes nothing away from Leeds

Bye bye Beckford, surely, after his performance?

I don't think so Craig . Beckford chances to goal ratio is pretty poor and only a month ago was taken off after 65 mins of constant misses to be replaced by the eventual goal winner. He is getting goals in League one because the defending is poorer not because he is that much better. A championship player at best imho . If we get a stupid bid for him then let him go .

Duvet wrote:

Craig wrote:

I don't think so Craig . Beckford chances to goal ratio is pretty poor and only a month ago was taken off after 65 mins of constant misses to be replaced by the eventual goal winner. He is getting goals in League one because the defending is poorer not because he is that much better. A championship player at best imho . If we get a stupid bid for him then let him go .

I agree - I think if we get a silly bid for Beckford then let him go - when he is good, he is fantastic, but he isn't consistent - though he's getting better. We still have Becchio and Mike Grella, as well as Tresor Kandol who could do a job at Championship level. We can also get a replacement for Beckford if he does go. The good news is Beckfordwill have increased his transfer value after yesterday.

And back to the cup, I think Tottenham will be a bigger test than Man Utd were yesterday. Even if we lose, it will be a good measure of how good (or bad) a side Leeds are right now

Super Wammer

I enjoyed the 2 almost free (it seems) 'terrestrial' Reading-Leeds FA Cup matches last w/e. I thought that Reading could have won despite a few Liver chances/that Leeds should have won 3-2 or so ...).

I have avoided the draw for rnd 4, as life is more relaxed this way (unfortunately radio mentioned Hull tomorrow...).

Good luck to footie/others winning in turn.

Loved the 1970 Leeds Cup Finals.

I am sure Mut will compensate with the Barclays thing (or preferably League Cup if Mity and the other 2 aren't up for it) again - I don't believe that they can again jammily win European Cup.

rcook wrote:

Duvet wrote:
Craig wrote:

I agree - I think if we get a silly bid for Beckford then let him go - when he is good, he is fantastic, but he isn't consistent -

The good news is Beckfordwill have increased his transfer value after yesterday.

Yeah, that's all I meant. I don't think you should keep him at all. Those Leeds fans I know don't rate him all that highly either.

You don't need Thierry Henry to get you out of League One

Sheff Weds sneaked up a few seasons ago with Steven Maclean (availabel for peanuts from Plymouth, if you're interested) and James Quinn up front.

Sell Beckford and get someone half decent in to get you out of the league. You'll need someone better for the Championship anyway, so no need to break the bank

Super Wammer

Interesting that no one has put a bid in for Beckford yet!