Sign in to follow this  
whizzkid

The BIG fecking Turntable list. (please read the OP before posting)

I much prefer the simpler kit - wolfs pink triangle and jacks t6, and the rega decks, but as you say - we is all different :-)

Are you one of those guy's that would say "it won't change me." Having just won £18,000,000 on the lottery? :D

Nice. Guy, do you remember a (Canadian?) company called Maplenoll? Their turntable was my first real OMG moment in hifi. It was a very agricultural looking affair with a Corian-Lead composite plinth, lead composite platter, vacuum hold and an air-bearing parallel tracking arm.

In no way comparable, but your description reminded me a little of that.

Hi,

I remember these as well.

Signature_Ariadne_s.jpg

Ariadne_s.jpg

Cleo_MK_II.jpg

Apollo_s.jpg

SCIDB

I guess we all have different tastes, but I happen to find it stunning. Just showed it to Mrs Mac and she :(

I Think it's quite stunning ! in an elegant industrial kinda way.

Are you one of those guy's that would say "it won't change me." Having just won £18,000,000 on the lottery? :D

Nope. I'd buy a really fugly, tasteless, blingy house - and a plain rega p25 :-)

(I think people who don't change when they win should give the money back - they've kind of missed the point)

I have heard one of these too... Nick at the Emporium had one for a while, amazing thing! I was mesmerised just watching that bloody great lump of granite levitate. Part of a fantastic system with all Viva amplification, The Emporihorns, a subwoofer and I think VDH Collibri. His may have been a different version though as I remember the stand being grey and the wand a very thin Carbon fibre tube. The arm above is a Kuzma isn't it?

That may have been one of the earlier belt driven models.

9800513.jpg

This may be at Scalford this year:

1.jpg

Mark, Very nice deck looking forward to hearing this at the Pie show

Super Wammer

Not the first turntable I owned (that was very early in this thread), but the first I used was a Garrard (after their glory days) in my parents' Thorn radiogram:

Thorn+HMV+Garrard+Radiogram.jpg

This may be at Scalford this year:

1.jpg

was it there? It's a lovely bit of design. Not my taste but so well thought out.

Ah, not like your Palmer, I understand - it's quite different actually and not just in terms of aesthetic (though I do like the Palmer, it's just not the kind of thing I personally do).

No, it wasn't at the show in the end and now looks like it may never be as I am in the process of prototyping it's replacement!

@beobloke' date=' you want to sell that pdx8000? I will have it off you in a heartbeat![/quote']

Unfortunately I sold it last summer. Still regret it...