Sign in to follow this  
syep2001

The difference decent stands make!!

Picked up some squat Target stands locally, sand filled..

Sat my AP2's on top, I can't really believe the difference! they're now sat at the right height off the floor (about a foot as apposed to 2 foot I had on the Atacama Stands), and i think the solid fill helps not only bass response but the overall sound...

Next...B&Q for some stone slabs!!:D:D

Super Wammer

Don't tell me, they cost £13.50. :D

syep2001 wrote:

Picked up some squat Target stands locally, sand filled..

Sat my AP2's on top, I can't really believe the difference! they're now sat at the right height off the floor (about a foot as apposed to 2 foot I had on the Atacama Stands), and i think the solid fill helps not only bass response but the overall sound...

Next...B&Q for some stone slabs!!:D:D

You have said in your post how good the system sounds, and how the speakers are now at the right height.

So why bang them on stone slabs ? they will no longer be at right height and might not sound as good. If it sounds good leave it alone.

Fair comment, but the extra inch or so it'll rise up, less if I use the chopping boards from tesco, does it not further bass control with a solid base?

syep2001 wrote:

Fair comment, but the extra inch or so it'll rise up, less if I use the chopping boards from tesco, does it not further bass control with a solid base?

Well if the stands are mass loaded and you have decent spikes I doubt they are needed, too much tweaking spoils the good work your reporting

messing with systems is good fun its knowing when to stop