The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Sign in to follow this  
JohnD76

Last Fm

Provided you don't mind a profile of the music you listen to being built on the net, under your own Last FM profile, this is a top site. Currently trying to get the Squeezebox plugin to work at the mo... Got the WMP plugin and the Radio player up and running as I type.

You enter an artist you like and it streams content to your machine which is built up on recommendations by other users. Great way to hear similar artists.

I have just entered Lamb, and have been streamed Emiliana Torrini's Love in the time of Science, and a Krudder and Dorfmeister track. You can skip, love, or ban tracks too...

http://www.lastfm.com for those who are interested.

Guest purplepleaser

Just thought I would thankyou for costing me a fortune in the near future

Lee:D

P.S Kudos added

Guest purplepleaser

Everytime I go on Amazon uk I could spend all day looking through my recommendations B#####Ds. I must stop typing in obscure bands in . Its my own fault.

I love this radio thingy.

Thanks again.

Lee:D

I have got both the media player and Squeezebox plugins working now. All the music I listen to on the Pc is now reported to my profile. Call me a geek if you like, but it is interesting to see which artists and tracks you listen to most, this also allows the site to give you musical neighbours. You then see what your neighbours like and are what they arecurrently listening to. You can play samples of the albums to see if its your cup of tea.

I work from home 90% of the time and always have the Squeezebox playing, mainly downtempo stuff. I now have neighbours and it is a very cool way to find new music.

So, if you are only using the radioplayer, I recommend delving into the plugins.

Glad you guys like it.

Guest purplepleaser

that plugin is talking balls.:grrr:

I will try again tomorrow.Sleep time now.

Lee

Guest purplepleaser

It would be good to have a Wigwam group.

Now come and join.Potential new members.:)

Lee