Ian

John Wood Amps

So, following on from my last thread I've just spoken to this chap. Anyone have one of his amps ? Interested to hear anything. He mentioned the 'wam, in a good light I might add !

I know nothing of these and he's only half an hour from me, always good to hear about gear of which you know nothing.

You need very good leads for them to perform at their best ;-)

That was a paw gag.:)

moggy58(John) & lee1975 have John Wood amps, iiirc there's also another Wammer who's S.W. based (Devon:?) who also run J. Wood amplification I suspect there are others too, can't say I've seen anything other than praise regarding his work/products :cool:....the only negative iirc is in regard to some of the C&W type muzik he allegedly favours :?:)

Ian, I have been to Lee's in Clifton who has one of the John Wood amps and it is a real stunner, hand built very good musical amp. Lee says he's a real gent to deal with.

iphonemay2012070.jpg

Had mine for about 2 months now.

All of John's amps are unique he custom winds his own transformers takes him about a week to do this . Having met John i know he doesn't make a lot of money out of building an amp. Think he just loves the challenge . Sound wise has the power and bass you wouldn't believe and that sweet valve midrange , drums and cymbals so real.

When you have listened to one nothing else will do

Oh god I'm going to see him tomorrow. Note to self - concentrate on the Radford switches, do not get distracted !

Ian if you are going to see John in Clifton you could come to mine if you would like to hear one of his amps. Let me know Ian and drop me a pm. I live in Clifton as well.