SCALFORD DATES ANNOUNCEMENT

CONFIRMED DATES FOR SCALFORD - March 17th & 18th 2018

ob1

Tom Evans Audio Design: Mastergroove

45 posts in this topic

You had me until you started talking bullshit about power cables and fuses. You must have very special ears indeed.

sq225917

NO, My ancilliaries are now of such a high resolution to easily hear such changes , you are welcome to make the trip to come and hear and then your hearing will become very special also !

ROFLMAO, that might be funny if it wasn't so sad that you actually think that it's true. That's a very nice turntable you have their but frankly your speakers are barely mid-fi and your amps are great if you want valve euphony and distortion, but hi-fidelity they are not.

Goldmund, I am not saying that the allnic 3000V is not as good, I do prefer the honesty of Tom Evans more and that's all. The allnic is one of the most desireable phono stage ever make and it will stay that way. The end of the day, it's down to the matter of taste when you talking at this price level, Allnic throw out a larger than life soundstage and make everything sound intimate will always appeal to many. Mastergroove (get even better again after few weeks) is more honest about the presetation, like I said on my review, every LP sounded different and for something that has so much resolution, it's on par with Allnic's musicality side of thing. These are my reasons for going for Tom Evans and you might think the other way round if you ever get a chance to hear the Mastergroove! How would you like your egg sir?

Noted , well it leaves me no reason but to try the mastergroove in my system at some stage , And the best of British to you .

ROFLMAO, that might be funny if it wasn't so sad that you actually think that it's true. That's a very nice turntable you have their but frankly your speakers are barely mid-fi and your amps are great if you want valve euphony and distortion, but hi-fidelity they are not.

lol harsh

Noted , well it leaves me no reason but to try the mastergroove in my system at some stage , And the best of British to you .

That's what a Hifi enthusiastc is all about sir, open mind, try and judge :^

Have you ever try the allnic headamp? I couldn't remember the model number but it's about £1,200, I know Cessaro's Ralph is using it with his 3000V with the great result.

I had the headlamp with the 3000 it was good but needed careful placement, as it was a tiny bit microphonic, I dont believe it was ever released commercially?

KR Keith.

Keith Hi, :)

I am sure that I have seen them for sale in Canada, I could be wrong though. Allnic update their gears on a weekly basis so it seem!

Iam aware of the headamp and have read some comments ,however have not tried as Iam not too keen in yet another set of cables and suitable powerchord , then the phono stage scenario does start to get very expensive. Also running the balanced outputs from the H 3000V is the only way to go I have found.

- - - Updated - - -

Jordan acoustics had these on their site and maybe still there, I will have a look.

So the headlamp is available, I wonder if Park solved the microphony issue,

KR Keith.

I wonder if he ever fixed that bloody awful cartridge. The first version of that needed a brick on top of it in a high mass arm to work.

Yes it was a 'unique' design!

KR Keith.

Very interesting and well written review. Thanks a lot.

It's all personal taste of course, but Tom's stuff just does it for me in a way nothing else has so far. I'm already saving up for one of these. Might be a while yet, though.