Sign in to follow this  
ClassikFan

Forgotten Albums

Guest earl of sodbury

smacked an old Kid Creole & The Coconuts on a while back :shock::oops:a rare foray into the cheesier relams of pop, but welcome - but what was really an ear opener was hearing this stuff on a decent system for the first time after all the upgrading I've done in the last couple of years: WOW! :oj:

The Pretenders: The Pretenders. Back to a teenager again. Not hte same though:(. Found it niave this time but used ti really like it. Getting old sucks:Upset:

I never really 'got' tthe leftfield lesftism album. When it was out I bought Death in Vegas, the Contino Sessions as i only had enough for one cd. Loved the contino sessions, and thought leftism was quite boring. Might buy the best of leftfield today tho :?

Should I be embarrassed to say I still listen to Introducing the Hardline, According to Terence Trent D'arby?

Sony6million wrote:

Should I be embarrassed to say I still listen to Introducing the Hardline, According to Terence Trent D'arby?

YES! But not as embarrassed as if you still listened to Neither Fish nor Flesh :shock:

Sony6million wrote:

Naw! Sign Your Name is one of the best shag grooves ever written.:^ Lost count of the number of times I got people todraw their names across my chest. Cheesy, I know.:D

Interesting to note TTD's career went downhill when he gave up Yank citizenship for Pom obscurity :P

solidstateman wrote:

Interesting to note TTD's career went downhill when he gave up Yank citizenship for Pom obscurity :P

What you really mean is ..............................................he was found out in a nation of music lovers.:oj:

i actually own this album , must've been the drugs :gag:

chezi.

Love this nostalgia thread! Inspires me to dig up some lovely old treasures...

dc989330dca0981850a66010.L.jpg

:rockin:Jammed to this during my pre-separates days. Now, it sounds spectabular on my system. I'd never known there are so many tiny ambient details on this recording.

"A man walks down the street

He say why am I soft in the middle now

Why am I soft in the middle

The rest of my life is so hard?

Na na na na na na na na na" (You can call me Al :oj::oj:)

"Spike" by Elvis Costello has just resurfaced at Boxer Towers after an absence of several years: no-one does angry young (or middle-aged) man better, `cept maybe Chris Olley of Six.bySeven.

"Nadir's Big Chance" by Peter Hammill - as recommended by J Rotten - has it all - proto-punk thrash, soul songs, ballads and... the ice blue Stratocaster spinning through space that I've borowed for my avatar.

Boxer.