crimsondonkey

My Bloody Valentine Remasters - Emperor's new clothes?

So, for those who've had the pleasure of hearing what its taken Kevin Shields over 4 years to perfect - what are your listening impressions?

True to the originals (= sensitive and appropriate treatment) OR

Can't hear much of difference (= thanks for nothing Kevin)??????

Super Mod
So, for those who've had the pleasure of hearing what its taken Kevin Shields over 4 years to perfect - what are your listening impressions?

True to the originals (= sensitive and appropriate treatment) OR

Can't hear much of difference (= thanks for nothing Kevin)??????

I get the feeling he didn't spend the whole 4 years working on this :roll:

Absolutely zilch wrong with the original, so if it aint broke........

Under the terms of The Trade Descriptions act, remastering would be more accurately titled RE-MARKETING.

Under the terms of The Trade Descriptions act, remastering would be more accurately titled RE-MARKETING.

Well at least that makes a change from the remastering = "taking out all dynamic range and making it a far inferior listen than the original" that seems to be all too common.

I only have the EPs collection since I too could find nothing wrong with the original Creation CDs (or vinyl for that matter) of the two albums. I had a good listen comparing the original Creation CD singles with the new comp, expecting it to simply sound louder and more compressed, but... I didn't even get that. To my ears, it sounds a smidge louder but otherwise no different at all.

There's no way I feel confident that I could accurately and repeatably identify the original from the 'remaster' under controlled blind test conditions!

Make sure you are listening to the right disk:

http://thepowerofindependenttrucking.blogspot.ca/2012/05/mbv-loveless-2012-remasters.html

Seems the CDs have been pressed wrong and mis-labeled :roll:

Right... Nice job Sony. Based on the comments regarding the analogue source, I'll give them a go although I do actually like the dense mesh of sound on the original albums. A widening of the image would make for a different experience for sure.