Sign in to follow this  
dudywoxer

tanita tikarum

some one over on HFC put this album up as the most analouge sounding CD they had heard, I would credit who ever it was, but I have forgotten, and the old forum is giving strange error messages when I try to search- sorry to who ever. but it was a good call http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=388817:cool:

sorry for the delay in responding, yes its a stunning album, both in terms of souind quality(recording) and music content, all it needs is a bit a cable and it could get every bugger on here talking about it for weeks.:D

Guest Umberto

Just got it this morning. Its not bad. Very warm sounding. Sounds like it was recorded in a small room close mic'd.

I must admit I like the recording method whatever it was, It sort of reminds of the Old dusty springfield in memphis album, not the music of course, but it sounds like the recording engineer cared about what he did. You can 'feel' the accoustic in the studio.

I got this album on the strength of these recommendations. What people say about the recording quality is true, but it seems a classic case of listening to the Hi-Fi and not the music, which is profoundly mediocre. What the point in listening to a fab recording of a singer who finds it hard to stay in tune?

cos its better than listening to a crap recording of lots of singers who struggle to stay in tune