lee1975

Snell Type C.

Has anyone ever removed the bases on the Type C speakers? If so, how is it done. I removed the 4 screws attached to the bottom of the speakers, but the bases were still stuck. I didn't want to pry to hard and cause any damage. Just wondering if there is a trick to do this. I want to replace the stock bases with Maple bases and spikes. By the way, these are amazing speakers.

Threy just need a little brut fource. I had a lot of trouble taking mine off. Job done now and new bases in place they look a lot better.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Lee for the hospitality this aft and allowing me to have a listen to the C's.

And also for letting me play one of my pieces of music that sounds like Optimus Prime yodelling, (by Skrillex by the way). :nuts:

I have to admit i'd been itching to hear it through speakers that have the scale and authority to do it justice and by gum the C's do.

They go deep but with control as well, also illustrated nicely on some Prodigy.

Metallica was superb too, quite visceral in it's impact. :^

They were also enjoyable to listen to at lower volumes and with more relaxed music.

If only I had a bigger room and a bigger amp.

The time, as is always the case with good company and good music, went quickly.

Cheers Lee

All the best

Steve

Threy just need a little brut fource. I had a lot of trouble taking mine off. Job done now and new bases in place they look a lot better.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to give it a try. These speakers just get better and better. I have gotten some great speaker wires from Morrow Audio and better interconnects too......the sound gets more and more amazing. I owned Magneplaners when I was younger, and I believe these things blow them out of the water. Thank you Peter Snell!!!

Thanks for the help. I'm going to give it a try. These speakers just get better and better. I have gotten some great speaker wires from Morrow Audio and better interconnects too......the sound gets more and more amazing. I owned Magneplaners when I was younger, and I believe these things blow them out of the water. Thank you Peter Snell!!!

Well, it's been a long time, but I have now redone my Snell C's. I removed the bases and put 2 inch thick maple bases in their place, with Dynamat between the maple base and bottom of the speakers. I also ordered brand new woofers from Atomic Hi Fi that were mass loaded for the C's. How do they sound????? Well, I heard 6,000 dollar speakers this past week and the C's blow them out of the water. They are amazing. I am guessing I would have to spend over 10,000 to get close to them now. A very happy camper!