Bazzer

The 70's

Super Mod

BBC 2 21:00-22:00

Just watched part 1 of 4 of this series about Britain in the 70's, great background music, T Rex, Bowie The Who, Zep etc.

Essential viewing for quite a lot of us.

The program is followed by Sounds of the 70's, 10 parts to this.

Loved how they were doing a piece on (West) Germany whilst playing "Sylvia" by Focus in the background ... that'll go down well with Dutch AND German viewers if the programme gets exported ... LOL

Super Wammer

Also admit to watching with interest this Monday 2100 series.

Super Mod
Loved how they were doing a piece on (West) Germany whilst playing "Sylvia" by Focus in the background ... that'll go down well with Dutch AND German viewers if the programme gets exported ... LOL

:doh:, but a great song and glad they put it in albeit wrongly.

Super Mod
I truly loved the Marc Bolin piece with "All The Young Dudes" over the top :doh:

In the program producers defence he'd know it wasn't Bolan and another great song to cover the glam rock piece.

I think there will be a lot of this going on were the songs must be heard but there is no story to tie them in with.

:doh:, but a great song and glad they put it in albeit wrongly.

Yes, agree - and makes a change from Thijs' yodelling on "Hocus Pocus", which is the usual Focus tune of choice in this sort of programme!

In the program producers defence he'd know it wasn't Bolan and another great song to cover the glam rock piece.

I think there will be a lot of this going on were the songs must be heard but there is no story to tie them in with.

I wouldn't be so sure about that - have you seen the "Keith Moon" thread? Every chance the programme producer was at the same public school as the Olympics 'organisers' ...

Super Mod
I wouldn't be so sure about that - have you seen the "Keith Moon" thread? Every chance the programme producer was at the same public school as the Olympics 'organisers' ...

Yep hard to believe, I'm sure a bit more research would have gone into a program like this. No doubt we will have The Damned and co jumping around to a background of Anarchy in the UK or God Save The Queen.

Yep hard to believe, I'm sure a bit more research would have gone into a program like this. No doubt we will have The Damned and co jumping around to a background of Anarchy in the UK or God Save The Queen.

Almost reason enough to make this a "must watch", LOL

Super Wammer

Didn't like yesterday's 3rd of 4 episodes ... totally disagreed with almost everything. I was happy then/loving/listening/buying/doing/working in industry, despite the ladybirds/hot hot 1976. Still happy now, despite the wet wet.

Super Mod

I worked in a car factory for 30+ years, the unions domination in the 70's was funny when you were part of it but looking back how embarrassing and pathetic.

Super Wammer

Yes. But there were-are other embarrassing money-questors around.