Sign in to follow this  
notaclue

Great song... shame about the artist...

Why is that people don't realise 'Carrie' by Cliff Richard is just a great pop song? Simply because it is Cliff, I reckon.

What other not particularly 'great' artists have come up with great songs?

I always thought that this was a great song - 'Leaving me Now' Level 42 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000001FRC001013/0/104-6170508-1491930

I must also say that the new Girls Aloud song 'Biology' is a great pop song too.

I think the fact you started the thread with that Christian Paedo Harry Webb may have caused the slow response. :)

ok lets plumb new depths..................

Against All Odds.................Phil Collins

fcuking great song by a bit of a baldy tosser

I'll also own up to thinking Level 42 were a bit of alright

ray70 wrote:

Islands in the Stream - The Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton (:bouncey:)version.

:run:

Thought Dolly was more like:bounce:. Admittedly haven´t been noticingher lately:?

Okaayy..

In the air tonight, phil collins is a good tune. And I like 1 Simply Red song.. can't remember what it's called and don't much care, but I got annoyed at myself for singing along to it in the car once.. then Ken Bruce says, The was Simply Red! I said, are you calling me a cunt. :D

" Son of a Preacher man " Dusty Springfield. Why its a classic isn't. Well remember that whatever that preachers son taught her was rubbish. She turned into a rug muncher .

What a waste:X

rug muncher or not, the entire dusty in memphis album is a classic, (wanders off to buy tooth brush;))

I know . Dusty in Memphis. Classic album status assured. Was listening to this late last night . As i said what a shame :cs:

notaclue wrote:

Why is that people don't realise 'Carrie' by Cliff Richard is just a great pop song? Simply because it is Cliff, I reckon.

What other not particularly 'great' artists have come up with great songs?

I always thought that this was a great song - 'Leaving me Now' Level 42 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000001FRC001013/0/104-6170508-1491930

I must also say that the new Girls Aloud song 'Biology' is a great pop song too.

i love leaving me now aswell. awesome song.