browellm

Big thanks from me

A big thank you to all the organisers and to John (for taking me and my equipment), to Steve Toy (for sharing his room), to the Scalford Staff (for being so accommodating) and to everyone who came to listen (often twice :) ).

It was awesome.

Tired but happy,

Andrew Randle

I would like to add my thanks to all those people who chose to strip their systems from their normal position at home, load it into a variety of vehicles, transport it halfway across the country and set it up again, with the only certain thing being the uncertainty as to whether it would work or not! Play some tunes, feel knackered, drink coffee, and then strip the whole lot down again, load into a car (in the rain) and drive in the dark back home.

Without you, there is nothing we could have done to make this show a success. It didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked but we learn from these things - planning for next year has already started.

It was so good to see so many of you, some again, and some for the first time. Fantastic to see so many visitors too, despite the weather. (I doubt we can sort that for next time!)

Ladies and gents - I salute you. :notworthy:

Thanks Mark, Graham and all involed in setting up exhibiting and attending today. Altough I had room pains myself, it turned out completely fine in the end.

I have lots of other individual thank you's which I will do after some sleep.

Well done to one and all and I'm sorry to have not been able to attend (a serious bout of manflu has a hold of me) :)

Guest sq225917

Props to the organisers, once again....

Many thanks to the organisers for all their efforts to get the show on the road despite the many obstacles that appear to have been thrown in their way this year. We had to wait a little bit for the room to be available in the morning (and I suspect the sight of an elderly guest getting dressed will stay with my helper Julian H for quite some time...) but despite all this it turned out to be a great show once again.

Thanks again all.

My first Scalford and first hifi show for 15 years. Prior scepticism totally blown away within minutes of being there. An incredible effort from all involved to make this a memorable occasion; salute ! Took some interesting pic's as well !. Final adjective; brilliant.

Thanks to the organisers and all the exhibitors. It seemed very busy late morning. Thanks for giving Robin and me such a great room, it's nice to let the kit off the leash! No where near enough time to do any visiting this year so back to observing next year I think. Thanks again.

:D The highlight of the weekend for me.[video=youtube_share;tPIO86jTrQQ]

This was truly remarkable. I feel privileged to have been one of the few present at this special event. Terminator will never seem the same again.

:^

PS - it's rare that a Tchaikovsky symphony sounds like a 'bee in a biscuit tin', but this was achieved as a effect following the Austrian crunch metal experience!

I've said it in another thread, but it bears saying again - thankyou to all the organisation team for a brilliant job and, heck even thanks to the hotel and staff for coping under the face of what must have been some serious pressure - they did very well (apart from putting me in a tiny room, obviously...;-) ).

Right, I'm off to plan my Scalford 2013 system....

Just to echo what everyone else has said, a great weekend well organised and great to meet loads of friendly people, and thanks for all the nice comments about the "Cheap As Chips" room. A big thanks to all concerned.

Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes 'the show' to visit in the enthusiasts calendar, with the traditional ones which are market driven, pushed into 2nd place. This show provides audiophiles with unbiased advice not available elsewhere. Don't know the footfall but expect exponential growth. Noticed Mr Keywood from hifi world in attendance. You're on the map!!. Great stuff.

Thanks to the guys who helped get my stuff into the building in the pouring down rain. And to the Lenco boys who, when they realised I was supposed to be in the room they were staying overnight in, cleared out their stuff without any fuss.

Cheers to Paul (Unclepuncle) for looking after the room so I could have a quick wander round.

Apologies to the people in the rooms I visited for only staying for a minute, before buggering off. Just wanted a quick listen to as much as possible. No exhibiting for me next year, so I can spend a bit more time.

The organisers did a fantastic job. I liked Mark's calm demeanor during all the room issues early on. I would have been a bit sweary.

Thanks to everybody else for making it a bloody good show. You are a lovely bunch of c**ts.