Gromit

Sony ES amps?

Richard you are asking the wrong person that question, I'd say yes if it has a digital output, I hear no difference with any transports I use into the various DACs, MDs (as DACs) & Stereo amps with Digital inputs, my CDP-X3000ES sounds identical in coaxial (and toslink) mode as my PS3 doing toskink. ES CDPs have a good rep with the chaps who do hear differences though.

Wish I hadn't of read this thread I'd love one of those big boy amps to go with my Jukebox.

Juke.JPG

I might have a similar Sony dealy at my folks, you want me to dig it out and get some pics?

The CD player's a CDP-990, apparently top of the 'normal' range (in 1991) before the ES series.

I might have a similar Sony dealy at my folks, you want me to dig it out and get some pics?

Yeah ok no hurry btw.

Super Wammer

How do the side cheeks attach?

<thinks about making some for my 670ES> :nerves:

Super Wammer

righteo :^ I did not think it would be that simple :doh:

righteo :^ I did not think it would be that simple :doh:

If you end up making a set and fancy knocking a couple more up... ;-)

Super Wammer

Yeah, how hard can it be? :nerves:

Yeah, how hard can it be? :nerves:

All I'll say is if I had a go at doing them they'd end up looking like an explosion in a boat yard. :D

I've had a fair few of the Sony ES amps and sold a few on the Wam as well. Always regret getting rid.:doh:

For the money there is not much that can touch them, in the living room currently I have a Sony TA-F630ESD which has a multi input DAC and a very good phono stage. It's pretty much mint and in perfect working order. Cost me £150!

I've had a fair few of the Sony ES amps and sold a few on the Wam as well. Always regret getting rid.:doh:

For the money there is not much that can touch them, in the living room currently I have a Sony TA-F630ESD which has a multi input DAC and a very good phono stage. It's pretty much mint and in perfect working order. Cost me £150!

Yep 2 things amazed about that my old TA-F630ESD.

1) The phono stage is one of the best I've ever owned (certainly knocked a Naim MM Stageline into a cocked hat), even compared to my old Moth 30 ... it is sublime.

2) The 90W on tap again made a 100W Primare A30.1 Mk II driving 3ohm Dyn Cont 1.3 seem ashmatic. Astonihsing levels of grip and power.

The DAC section was also very very nice.

I am a jealous man Tim. Very jealous I hereby offer you £150.01!

Yep 2 things amazed about that my old TA-F630ESD.

1) The phono stage is one of the best I've ever owned (certainly knocked a Naim MM Stageline into a cocked hat), even compared to my old Moth 30 ... it is sublime.

2) The 90W on tap again made a 100W Primare A30.1 Mk II driving 3ohm Dyn Cont 1.3 seem ashmatic. Astonihsing levels of grip and power.

The DAC section was also very very nice.

I am a jealous man Tim. Very jealous I hereby offer you £150.01!

£150.01 and a pint. :D

906_0.jpg

:love: