Sign in to follow this  
ClassikFan

Best Zeppelin Album

I have just started revisiting my Led Zep vinyl. Most of it sounds wonderful, but which is the best?

My vote will probably go to Led Zep 1, magnificent for a first album.

Still think I & II are their best though the 'Symbols' is a cracking album too. Although most of their albums have highlights those three for me are their stongest releases.

Dazed & Confused probably my fave track - today ;)

Biscuit wrote:

the best LZ album is the one that isn't being played :P

Right that's it.. you're banned! :peace:

I only have Physical Graffitti and the sound quality is pretty ropey if you ask me. pity because there's some decent tunes.

Yes, I agree that P.G. has an earthy feel to the production. I find that the cdremasters sound much worse than the old vinyl with the bass particularly getting smothered in the mix. Still my fave band of all time, played them to death from about 17 years old and all through my twenties. Don't play 'em much now but still respect their work muchos. That Black Crowes Live LP that Jimmy Page played guitar on is a good listen too, much better than the cack that Plant & Page come out with when they hook up now and again. It's Plant that holds Jimmy back these days, he refuses tohave anything to do with a Zep reformation and insists that they do new material - the only problem being it's cack.:Upset:

I said Zep reformation Cloth Ears, not reunion. The Who manage it minus their drummer AND bass player. Jason Bonham could thump the tubs, people would still flock to see 'em. I meant that Plant refuses to do a Zep concert/tour with Page, he will only work with him on new material and play the VERY odd Zep tune during gigs. Page has been itching to revisit Led Zep for donkeys' years and needed David Coverdale to give him a similar diet, latterly The Black Crowes providing him with his Zep fix. :nerd: