browellm

How many times have you purchased the same album

Yes, "inspired" :roll: by the re-issue of Pink Floyd stuff, I basically want to out the Wam's anorak brigade :P.

So come on, how many times have you shelled out for the same thing because of format changes, the essential Japanese tour bonus track or signed tea towel.

Trained counsellors are waiting to take your call, which will be in strict confidence*

*Apart from being splashed all over the web

I've never bought something again simply because it re-released. I've bought a replacement or two for stolen and destroyed and purchased a second copy of Do androids dream of electric beats by UNKLE that I found in a charity shop for £2 and sold for £36.

Mmm...was considering the Animals re-issue...but not any of the others mind!

Probably wait a few months til the price comes down because I'm that tight.....

I bought a Nat King Cole vinyl disc last week (used and cheap as chips, thank goodness) only to discover that my wife's already got a near-pristine copy dating back to before she knew me :doh:. We've only been together 26 years.

VB

Never bought a re-release, just to complete a set, so to speak.

I may be paying all over again for a huge number of lossless downloads though... Back up your hard drive, everyone says. So I did. And now I have two useless hard drives. :(

Some people on here's whole collection is the same album...:run:

Dean..

Bought Love Forever changes twice because I swear theres a mastering issue with it on every CD copy, the first time I thought it was just scratched as I bought it from ebay, the second time it did the same thing. I don't care how good they are with their instruments, it sounds like its skipping to me, the end of track 13 I think it is. Does it sound to you like they played that? I wonder if it happens on the vinyl.

Apart from that, never bought an album twice, would prefer to buy a different one ;)

I have never accidentally bought a duplicate copy but I have replaced a few poorly mastered CDs with better ones.

Ric

I've bought CDs of LPs I had as I wanted to rip them for my hard-drive without the inevitable noise of the LP, but apart from that, I've not bought anything because it had been rereleased. I have inadvertently bought a copy of something I forgot I already had, but that's only been on LP from charity shops, as all my CDs in recent years have been bought on-line and I can make sure I don't already have them. Many year ago, I had a Psion, and kept a data-base of my LPs and CDs on that, but that was about all I ever used it for, so never bothered to replace it when I left that employer.

S.

Come on, there must be loads with 14 copies of DSOTM.

On my 14th copy of LZ IV, 6 times as genuine reissues, the other 8 as collections from different territories / labels...

:oops: