Sign in to follow this  

Wadia 301 versus Wadia 861

Duvet wrote:

Cheers Lawrie i've gone from being told my speakers were too good to too poor in the space of three months;). I appreciate everones views but truth be known ever since i've heard aWadia 861 i've wanted one. I work hard for my dosh and felt like treating myself. Jammy remember SRV at the Heathrow show. Its was one of the only demo's where we didn't talk and pass comment but just listened to the music. With this source 2/3 rds of the equation are in place and next year we'll see about the last third. Of course i'll be tweaking my nuts off in the meantime:P

duvet, the first tweak should be a powercord IMHO.

I'm using Franks Mercury's and they wee all over the RA :puke::puke::puke: one i had.

Biscuit wrote:

A CD7 is what you want, stay with Marantz! :sw:

The 861 looks great Duvet, if its within reach, I'd go for it! Certainly the system is going to be a big step up from what I remeber seeing when I first joined HFC :shock::love:

I just hope you live to tell the tale if SWMBO ever finds the credit card receipts :lmao:

Oi Biccy .You know you were thinking about buying my Marantz well too late sucker it has found a good home .

Guest Effem

Mr Coherent wrote:

Frank, you don't need deep pockets to make a balanced sound in the slightest

Just a little knowledge

You seem to think this is about selling my speakers, wrong I'm afraid.

James, you couldn't afford the commission :P.

No bend that credit card boy

It's not about selling your speakers Tony and that aspect wasn't in the discussion whether Mr Duvet should buy the Meadowlarks but the residency of his GR20's once he's purchased the Wadia.

I don't disagree with you about system synergy either, however there are times when an unbalanced system has to be the case in the short term to meet a long term objective. Either that or start upgrading in piecemeal small steps just to keep it all in balance which can easily lead to financial losses when buying and selling.

Duvet wrote:

Cheers Lawrie i've gone from being told my speakers were too good to too poor in the space of three months;). I appreciate everones views but truth be known ever since i've heard aWadia 861 i've wanted one. I work hard for my dosh and felt like treating myself.

Duvet,

I am not familiar with your speakers so I can't comment. However, I believe that you are going about things in the right way by upgrading the source first and then the speakers (if necessary,at a later stage). As I always say, if one is going to upgrade, then make either make it a big upgrade (the sound must knock you off your seat) or just don't bother. However, if you get the 861, do let us know whether it made an improvement in your system or whether your system is unlistenable as a result of it (I'm laughing out loud here as I just can't get over the comments of Penance).

Penance wrote:

Just answer, do you know what CDp i have?

Penance,

I don't care to know which CDP you've got. If it makes you happy then that's what counts. What I would really like to know is why you think that the Wadia 861 would make Duvet's system unlistenable. Personally, I think a lot of people post a lot of crap and bad advice on these forums so just show me that you are not one of them by giving a good explanation to your comments.;)

Enjoy the musicâ„¢

Lawrie.:D

Lorry, stop being a twat, take a day off.

I said it "may" render the system unlistenable, you do understand that, or is English not a strong point with you?

There are other who voiced the same possible concern, why not have a dig at them aswell?

Lorry, you have been known to act like a troll looking to pick fights with people, just drop it and grow up.

Guest batman

Duvet wrote:

Have made my decision . Will speak to dealer on monday with some final questions but it looks like its going to be the 861:dude:.

861_wadia.jpg

It has been reserved for me til then.

afos.jpg

I Ran

afos1.jpg

I walked along the avenue.

I never thought I'd meet a girl like you;

Meet a girl like you.

With auburn hair and tawny eyes;

The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;

Hypnotize me through.

And I ran, I ran so far away.

I just ran, I ran all night and day.

I couldn't get away.

A cloud appears above your head;

A beam of light comes shining down on you,

Shining down on you.

The cloud is moving nearer still.

Aurora borealis comes in view;

Aurora comes in view.

I couldn't get away.

Reached out a hand to touch your face;

You're slowly disappearing from my view;

Disappearing from my view.

Reached out a hand to try again;

I'm floating in a beam of light with you;

A beam of light with you.

I couldn't get away.

how good are they gonna sound

..... i shall resist the obvious;)

penance wrote:

Lorry, stop being a twat, take a day off.

I said it "may" render the system unlistenable, you do understand that, or is English not a strong point with you?

There are other who voiced the same possible concern, why not have a dig at them aswell?

Lorry, you have been known to act like a troll looking to pick fights with people, just drop it and grow up.

Penance,

You appear to be avoiding my question and are now looking to shift blame. Those who bother to read my posts on this and other forums will know that you are now clutching at straws with that 'troll' accusation. All I do is tell it straight Penance - although not everyone likes that approach.

So, to repeat - why do you feel that the Wadia 861 may render the system unlistenable? Also, why does that question make me a troll?

Btw, in case you were not aware, English is not my first language nor is it a strong point with me but I do give it my best shot. Now, let's get that answer Penance as some of us would like to be enlightened.;)

Enjoy the musicâ„¢

Lawrie:D