Sign in to follow this  
pjdowns

Def Leppard

notaclue wrote:

The Wedding Present were shocking. Quite, quite dreadful. Much worse than Def Leppard, for example. Much, muchworse.

I guess the Wedding Present are best appreciated if you have dumped, have been dumped, or have lived in a dump. I've done all three sothat'swhy I like them :D

ray70 wrote:

notaclue wrote:
The Wedding Present were shocking. Quite, quite dreadful. Much worse than Def Leppard, for example. Much, muchworse.

I guess the Wedding Present areshocking :D

http://www.manifesto.com/mp3s/flying.mp3

Ray70, agree completely. Shocking.

How about the ‘shoegazing’ bands of the late eighties?

Bunch of floppy fringed middle class softies with two many guitar pedals or sonic cathedrals of sound?

Examples: Ride, Curve, Catherine Wheel, Slowdive, Lush

My Bloody Valentine’s ‘Isn’t Anything’ still sounds pretty good to me (in a sort of nostalgic did I leave any roaches in the ash tray under me bed for me mother to find)

:D

Catherine Wheel's first two albums arent bad. Early nineties though mate.

Speaking of Iron Maiden, I belive that a relative of Bruce Dickinson was in the Catherine Wheel.

Shoegazing? Yes, I remember it well. What a legacy of timeless classics the shoegazing movement left us. There was ... ummmm ... errrr... well, there was ...

saab wrote:

Paul Dianno was also fg in Maiden before Dickinson,the first 2 albums were superb,as were the gigs.

Those were the days.

I saw Iron Maiden 13 times btween 1979 and 1981 when D'ianno was the boss. THe first time I saw Dickinson was the last until the 90's. The band are now just a shadow of their former selves, releasing greatest hits albums to rake in the cash.

I didn't pay Maiden any attention during the early Dickinson years and was very surprised to discover they had conquered the world during the middle of the decade..

The first 2 albums still are superb, takes me back to the Marquee and the Rainbow gigs. Getting the bus home soaked in sweat and avoiding skinheads!

Those were the days Saab.

don't forget guns n roses analoguekid's favourite band of all time.