pjdowns

Def Leppard

Guest earl of sodbury

Scorpions.

German.

'nuff said.

:puke:ofs

:dead: NOOoooooooo!!

Must stop posting to this thread , it's getting worse The Final Countdown nnnoooooo!!!

FFS Nobody start on the Europop Techno shit . Too Unlimited , Venga Boys , Aqua

stop me it hurts.................................but its good ............Whigfield ...........Ouch ,Oo, Arrgh.:nuts:

chezi. subs r us.

Guest earl of sodbury

Survivor...

:cs:feel the pain...

The Final Countdown is a great song.

I dont know why Iron Maiden were mentioned in this thread really, they're not related to the other cheese that's being slated.

yeah yeah yeah, its always an easy cheap shot having a snigger at 80's metal.

Def Leppard have absolutely no credibility in 2005 - personalliy I think they lost the plot years ago with one armed drummers etc. and increasingly bland woah woah american radio friendly drivel. 'Pyromania' heralded the turning point.

Having said that I am not frightened to admit that I do own their early stuff featuring the 2 original guitarists, willis and clark. Their best album dates from 1981 'High & Dry' and damn fine it is too.

Some of you on this thread don't know jack shit what you are talking about.............After 'Eye of The Tiger' Survivor went on to produce one of the greatest AOR / Melodic rock albums of all time, 'Too Hot To Sleep'. Don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about.

Without hesitation I would put this in my top 10 albums of all time along with the usual suspects (pistols, stooges etc).

Regards

AdamK wrote:

Some of you on this thread don't know jack shit what you are talking about.............After 'Eye of The Tiger' Survivor went on to produce one of the greatest AOR / Melodic rock albums of all time, 'Too Hot To Sleep'. Don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about.

AOR is by definition radio-fodder and totally shit. it's for salesmen to listen to as they drive around in their big wank mobiles.

I've seen them all,in their hayday,Scorpions,Leppard etc etc.I started watching bands when the NWOBHM was at its peak,and Leppard were part of it.

Then they sold out to the US market and seriously pissed off their early fans.Their early gigs were great,1000 fans freaking out to some good old fashioned rock.GEt ya Rocks off was a great EP (and worth a mint now on the red label) and the first LP was/is great.As I say,they just got shitter and shitter and shitter after that.

Scorpions also did some great stuff,and I saw Dickinson before he joined Iron Maiden,band called Samson.He is an extremely hard working musician and is a credit to the band.Paul Dianno was also fg in Maiden before Dickinson,the first 2 albums were superb,as were the gigs.

Those were the days.

pjdowns wrote:

Brown Bottle,

The rest of the comments on here are ok and almost understandable but yours is just distastfull.

Paul.

Paul - I don't see anyone else complaining, but if you, or anyone else, find my comments distasteful then I appologise. It was meant in jest.

Steve.