Sign in to follow this  
pjdowns

Def Leppard

Does anyone remember the name of the band that shamelessly ripped off Led Zep (as in copied all the riffs and melody lines almost not for note) around the late eighties?

I remember getting into a playground scrap because of this band of poodle-perming plagiarists (on the side of Led Zep of course)

What were they called again? :Not Sure:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(no reason just like bouncing breasts)

AOR is by definition radio-fodder and totally shit. it's for salesmen to listen to as they drive around in their big wank mobiles.

I disagree. Most people these days, young lads and salespeople one and all listen to rave/dance/r'n'b bollocks. Metal and soft rock is uncool these days according to thefashion policebut how is listening to what EVERYBODY listens to and the music you can hear in every pub, club & wine bar the length & breadth of the country on ANY evening and on any radio station somehow cool? Music for the masses? Regulation sounds? :?

Music produced these days is mainly shite. It's official - I said so. I would MUCH rather listen to great musicianship from an 80'srock band than some shite created bya talentless wanker in his bedroom on a pc. I am a long-haired 70's throwback though!

Yes I agree injector, Give me Judas Priest, Maiden,80s Metallica etc anyday before shite like Magic Numbers and White Stripes.

As a further nostalgia trip, which was the better music paper? (when there was still a choice).

Sounds

NME

Melody Maker

I was always a Sounds reader until it disappeared, NME was obsessed with Morrissey and Melody Maker was just crap.

chezi61 wrote:

mosfet wrote:
Then I bought a Wedding Present album and went all ‘NME’.

Aha ,The Wedding Present . NOW yir talkin music , George Best is a brilliant album.:cool:

chezi.

The Wedding Present: Now there's a proper band for you. All the songs sound the same, and they're all about the same thing, ie your girlfriend going off and shagging your best mate. I don't mind though, they'rea top band. Seamonsters is my favourite though.

David Gedge is a star.