Sign in to follow this  
ray70

Ian Brown

There are quite a few forum members around who seem to be listening or buying Ian Brown records. Is his solo stuff any good? I absolutely love the Roses stuff, but have not been following his solo career. Am I missing out?

In a word YES. You could start with the Greatest , but IMO Music of the Spheres is his best solo work , and it's all very laid back and quite ambient.

Excellent to Chill out to.:cool:

Hope a couple of others give you a gentle push in the rite direction.;)

HTH. (ps. if you collect vinyl buy The Greatest on double vinyl @ HMV £17.99)

chezi.

As Chezi said.:^

Just bought POLARIZED for £3.00 yesterday and is very much along the same lines as 'MUSIC...'

Once you buy one,you'll be in the market for more,very quickly.

Great to listen to late at night,very atmospheric,great production and his voice is very mellow and quite haunting.

I ordered Ian Brown – The Greatest last night but this morning realised :shock:I already have his previous greatest hits album Golden Greats :roll:

Doooooooooah :nuts:

I really must get a software package that catalogues what I already have :roll:

Chewie wrote:

I ordered Ian Brown – The Greatest last night but this morning realised :shock:I already have his previous greatest hits album Golden Greats :roll:

Don't despair Chewie , there are a few good remixes on the new album.;)

chezi.

Nowhere near as good as The Roses but then I don't even think Browny wants to sound like them anyway - he's doing his own thing and good it is too. As mentioned earlier, it's got more of a chill-out feel to it. Some good tracks splattered about his albums for sure.

Chewie wrote:

I ordered Ian Brown – The Greatest last night but this morning realised :shock: I already have his previous greatest hits album Golden Greats :roll: 

Golden Greats is not a greatest hits package,just the name of his second solo release.

So dinnae panick Chewie,:oj::oj::oj::oj: instead.

:peace:

Music of the Sphere's is his top album by a long way IMHO. Its just got the greatest chill out vibe while still retaining some very puchy tunes if that makes sense. Solarised is ok but has a few fillers on it.

snapper wrote:

Golden Greats is not a greatest hits package,just the name of his second solo release.

So dinnae panick Chewie,:oj::oj::oj::oj: instead.

:peace:

Thank for the good news Snapper :oj:I should have dug out Golden Greats to check. I do remember wondering at the time why “Corpses In Their Mouths†was not on Golden Greats

Dooooooooah :roll::lmao: