Sign in to follow this  
Gazjam

New Franz Ferdinand???

Bought it. liked it, more diverse than their first album (More Roxy Music than Blondie!)

Agree, disagree, argue......whatta ya think.

Hawk wrote:

Been listening to it for four or five days now but its not doing it for me yet...

I'll give it more time

Hawk

Oh Ho :( not a good sign, given the similar thing we have liked in the pastand the fact I ordered it about two hours :Not Sure:

fittedkitchens wrote:

the first single is truly dreadful, but might well be a case of weakest-first...

yeah, I loved the first album but am not keen on the latest single either. :Not Sure:

hifiwigwam wrote:

fittedkitchens wrote:
the first single is truly dreadful, but might well be a case of weakest-first...

yeah, I loved the first album but am not keen on the latest single either. :Not Sure:

Same with me, it’s what put me off buying it the day of it release, although I did succumb to temptation and order it yesterday :D

fittedkitchens wrote:

im afraid not... to my ears at least...

I cant confess to being Franz Ferdinands number one fan, but i did like the first album. I picked up a copy of the new one early before theofficial releasehoping that it would be at least as good but so far it still isnt doing it for me. Ive decided to stop listening to it fo a while and come back to it later... Not totally written off yet.

Hawk

Miller-8 wrote:

Anyone else think the album cover looks Uber-SHITE?

You’re not alone; to me it looks like something a pretentious art student would knock up it the 80’s :nup:

Hawk wrote:

What do you make of the album Chewie?

Haven’t got a clue Hawk, I'm still waiting for it to turn up :( I ordered it from CD-WOW on Tuesday and it’s still not been despatched :grrr:

I ordered mine from BangCD and it arrived yesterday.

Not that impressed with it. Good in places but none of the songs seem to capture your imagination like the first album. Bit of a frustrating album, I keep re-listening to it in the hope I'll like it more. Ho-hum...

I always thought they would turn out to be a one trick pony. Hope i'm wrong