Sign in to follow this  
Testure

Where do you usually buy your music from?

Thought it might be a good idea to see where we get most our music from, or the stores you wouldn't go back to.

Main sources for me apart from direct from the artist or record label:

http://www.infrarot.de (Germany Site, also in English) for Industrial,alternative, goth etc.Usually cheaper than the UKwith great efficient service, nicely packed and only €10 postage no matter the quantity

http://www.carbondisks.com/ (based in Norfolk) for electronica, industrial, ambient etc. Very friendly, will always try to get something for you if still available, p&p based on quantity ordered.

No longer make the effort totravel down to Soho/Piccadilly as Tower Records is long gone (used to have a great Industrial section and lots of cheap American imports) and the likes of Sister Ray and Selectadisc in Berwick Street, hardly have the stuff I'm looking for nowadays.

Cheers Testure

For the 'unheard ofdrivel' I listen to (as Mrs K puts it)

Ebay is brill - I've never had a problem yet (loss / damage).

Chart stuff for Mrs K at Tesco/Asda (Hey, I Like the new Coldplay album)

I have'nt been in a music store for quite some time.

Hawk

I've only lived Aston Clinton for 2 years or so and am shocked I've not found 'Affordable' : Where is it in Tring ??

Ever checked out 'Scorpion' in High Wycombe: I have'nt been for years, but it was responsible for most of my Vinyl collection.

Regards

Adam

Amazon for me, not always the cheapest but usually within 50p. Delivery is my main motivation for using them, I have used a few other companies over the years and more often than not had problems with longer deliveries than initially indicated :roll:something that vary rarely happens with Amazon.

Guest purplepleaser

I use Play and Amazon. I sometimes have a look around Hmv whist out shopping.Fopp can also be good as are Piccadilly records,but you have to dig past the weird shit first.

Lee:)

AdamK wrote:

Hawk

I've only lived Aston Clinton for 2 years or so and am shocked I've not found 'Affordable' : Where is it in Tring ??

Ever checked out 'Scorpion' in High Wycombe: I have'nt been for years, but it was responsible for most of my Vinyl collection.

Regards

Adam

Its in the High St Adam, i think its next to or certainly very close to the Woolwich Building Society, so fairly central and on the left hand side as you come from Aston Clinton. Its a small place and the Cd's are quite expensive but if you go to the back of the shop you'll find a stack of secondhand Vinyl and a small selection of new. They seem to get or can get most of the new releases and typically mint used is about a fiver.. The stock seems to change quite regularly too.

Ive never been to scorpion though, might check that one out some time

Cheers

Hawk

I buy quite a bit from http://www.play.com

Very speedy delivery, good pricing and pre-orders sometimes arrive before high street release. Quite often you can get the special edition CD/DVD pack which retails at something ridiculous on the high street for £8 - £11 including delivery.

I use HMV during periods like now when their sale is on and Music Zone and Virgin likewise. Asda & Tesco are good for chart stuff as is Tesco on-line.

Must admit for IMHO new/modern or back catalogue stuff you cannot beat Play even though they sometimes don't have the full range from a particular artist.

Don't really use e-bay but http://www.gemm.com has turned up some rarer stuff for me at times.

Hawk wrote:

Adam

Its in the High St Adam, i think its next to or certainly very close to the Woolwich Building Society, so fairly central and on the left hand side as you come from Aston Clinton. Its a small place and the Cd's are quite expensive but if you go to the back of the shop you'll find a stack of secondhand Vinyl and a small selection of new. They seem to get or can get most of the new releases and typically mint used is about a fiver.. The stock seems to change quite regularly too.

Cheers

Hawk

Hawk

Thanks for that

Jesus, I must get an eye test !

Did I also see you mention in another thread that there is also another branch is Berkhamsted ??

Regards

Mostly use cdwow and Fopp for the popular stuff. For the more obscure I use Boomkat and occasionally Normans Records. Juno, Sector1 and The Hardstoreusually sort me out with the 4/4 stuff. For everything else Ebay is normally the answer.

AdamK wrote:

Hawk wrote:
Adam

Cheers

Hawk

Hawk

Thanks for that

Jesus, I must get an eye test !

Did I also see you mention in another thread that there is also another branch is Berkhamsted ??

Regards

Yes, they have another shop in Lower Kings Road, TBH ive not been to it, but the address is printed on their carrier bags!

Cheers

Hawk

Try "101CD". Based in the Channel Islands, so I presume they're avoiding UK tax and passing savings onto customers.

New CDs usually £8.95, loads of back catalog stuff at £4.99. Sell vinyl as well. P&P add £1.

Click here http://www.101cd.com/Home/index.asp?asptnr== for website.

I've bought over 100 CDs from them during last year, and onlyhad lengthy delays with 4 or 5 of these.