Sign in to follow this  

Deeeeepppppppeeeeeesttttt Basssssss

Leftfields'Leftism ends with an artifical reproduction of a heartbeat that fades in and out andincreases to loudness in between. It doesn't last long but goes scarilylow.

Guns N Roses - Coma!

Sorry.

Taxi.......

On the other hand:

Anything by Orbital.

Celestial Annihilation from Psyence Fiction by UNKLE (Dj Shadow Collaboration)

On Her Majestys Secret Service - decksanddrumsandrockandroll - well funky.

Demon Days - Gorillaz

Juno Reactor

Hybrid - Wider Angle

Run Lola Run soundtrack (great film and soundtrack)

Funkungfusion -Ninja cuts. highlights for bass inc a couple of Amon Tobin tracks, Ryuichi Sakamoto - Anger, Dj Vadim, Roots Manuva * Recommended for a wide variety of stuff.

Err the Titanic sound track has some quite deep stuff in it (please dont ask how i know)

As already mentioned most of the lowest bass will be found on classical stuff i would have thought.

Just been playing Eminem, The Slim Shady LP and there are some real cabinet rattlers in there.

Try explaining the language to a 4 year old too.:shock:

what about guns n roses they were great!

and analoguekid's favourite band ever.

hifiwigwam wrote:

Just been playing Eminem, The Slim Shady LP and there are some real cabinet rattlers in there.

Try explaining the language to a 4 year old too.:shock:

Just wait until he's old enough to appreciate Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson ;)

(Kev is a really nice guy. met him once. he signed my CDs "To Kenny, get Fucked, Kev!")

Agree with the Massive Attack recommendations.

Also: Ernest Ranglin "Below the Bassline", the title is a clue, in a slightly jazzy, reggae kind of way;

Talvin Singh "OK";

Sigur Ros "Agaetis byrjun" has a couple of window rattlers on it.

Boxer.

Oceans Eleven soundtrack - will exercise those cones well, even scary at times.

If you want to see the effect on the mid-bass with concurrent low frequency signals bombarding your woofer - Mahler 3 is good or even yo-yo ma on cello. Requires careful listening though.

An album by Trilok Gurtu - Remembrance , is a good laugh with tickle your guts bass.

And... Nils Petter Molvaer "Khmer" - Massive Attack play "Bitches' Brew" era Miles;

Which leads me neatly to "Panthalassa", Bill Laswell's `reconstruction` of late `60s and early `70s Miles; or "Divine Light" Laswell's `reconstruction` of Santana's "Illumination" and "Love, Devotion, Surrender";

any New Order 12" single, but especially "Blue Monday", "Subculture" (`specially with "Dubvulture as B-side) or "Ceremony" - CD versions if you must, but for that authentic early `80s sweaty night in the Warehouse in Leeds vibe it has to be vinyl.

Oh, I might not have been thinking straight with the Sigur Ros mentioned above - not as deep as I remembered, but still an excellent album.

Happy listening,

Boxer.

Guest earl of sodbury

The new ECM release of Arvo Pärt's "Lamentate" will give yer drivers summat to chew on at times, while reverting to blissful solemnity at others; bit of a departure for everyone's favourite Estonian.

churz, eofs