Sign in to follow this  
SSM

Garth Brooks

B00000DMJG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Since our oh-so-cultured forum owner has forgotten to Lizst a "Country" section :x, I am sticking this here.teufel55.gif

What better music is there to unwind to after the searing experience of Karajan's "Parsifal"? Why Garth's, of course! mrgreen.gif Out goes the Holy Grail and in come the beer mugs. :D And what better way to be introduced to Garth Brooks' finest than this 'Double Live' collection? Every song is a gem here, and after a while you can even forgive the racuous red-necked crowd for joining Garth in the choruses. Make no mistake this is a great drinking album and should be mandatory material in the jukeboxes of all great pubs.

They are all good here but there are two standouts: "Two Piña Coladas" and the extended version of "Friends in Low Places". We really oughtta make the latter this forum's signature choon.

"'Cause I've got friends in low places

Where the whiskey drowns

And the beer chases my blues away

And I'll be okay

I'm not big on social graces

Think I'll slip on down to the oasis

Oh, I've got friends in low places..."

Garth.gif

trink39.giftrink39.gif

trink39.giftrink39.gif

Well if Grath Brooks is listed in the Jazz forum, perhaps I ought to mention that my wife was listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack earlier today, and I just can't find an Indy Rock forum to post into.

Ah well, I listened to Miles today,:cool: followed by a burst of Courtney:cool: (pine that is not love), which helped me get over a letter from my insurers telling my car is a write off:(, and offering me a setttlement sum.:)

W&F

Moved this, you had it in the music section. This belongs in sillyness and certainly not in the jazz section, get ww to make a crap music section and shove it in there :D

Jeez, Solid: first Wagner, now Garth Brooks :shock:

For a real upgrade to your system, why not cut the speaker cables? :P

meninblack wrote:

:D:D:DLMAO :D

meninblack wrote:

eek.gif

Well... no tic tacs for you.:D

A home reserved for Garth at last. Do you like Willy Nelson btw? Can you reccomend an album to start off with?

meninblack wrote:

LMFAO

Well done Solid thought it wouldn't take long for you to get ya Garth out. To quote the Big Yin its about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. Enjoy

None of your pathetic little jibes are getting to me. The trooper's armour too thick.hahaha.gif

BTW, and this is in all seriousness, I just got back home late from a visit to Borders where I saw, and picked up a limited edition of Garth's "Double Live". This has a different cover (#7) especially put out for collectors' interest. What a find! :)

The music on it sounds the same though.:D