Sign in to follow this  
dougan

Zingali Prelude 2 Speakers

I have the chance of buying a brand new factory sealed pair of these speakers. I think they would work very well with my valves, and they look great also.

Trouble is that I cannot have them on a trial basis, so if I don't like them I am stuck with them. I believe they were reviewed in Hi-Fi Plus recently, would any one have a copy of that.

I am so tempted just to order them, but do not know whether to or not.

dougan

dougan wrote:

I have the chance of buying a brand new factory sealed pair of these speakers. I think they would work very well with my valves, and they look great also.

Trouble is that I cannot have them on a trial basis, so if I don't like them I am stuck with them. I believe they were reviewed in Hi-Fi Plus recently, would any one have a copy of that.

dougan

hmmm, tricky. i've always liked the look and think reviews were generally favourable, but have never heard them.

if the tables were turned and I had written the above, what would you probably advise me to do? therein lies your answer.

(smartarse comments not welcomed:P)

dougan wrote:

dougan

are you buying mail order outwith ebay? if so, then distance selling regulations apply and you have 30 days to change your mind ;)

They are from the Audio Salon. Their price is going up by £200 in January, so that is something else to consider.

I don't think my SA-11 and PL2 will be a problem, its just the room acoustic thing, because you just don't know.

dougan

kennyk wrote:

dougan wrote:

dougan

are you buying mail order outwith ebay? if so, then distance selling regulations apply and you have 30 days to change your mind ;)

good point, and it works really well right up until the point where the seller refuses to give you your money back because theysaid they were non-returnableand you spend months chasing them quoting legalese getting more and more stressed.

Anthony wrote:

kennyk wrote:
dougan wrote:

dougan

good point, and it works really well right up until the point where the seller refuses to give you your money back because theysaid they were non-returnableand you spend months chasing them quoting legalese getting more and more stressed.

quick letter to trading standards, phone call to credit card company for a chargeback...

dougan wrote:

They are from the Audio Salon. Their price is going up by £200 in January, so that is something else to consider.

I don't think my SA-11 and PL2 will be a problem, its just the room acoustic thing, because you just don't know.

dougan

can you agree a return price with Audio Salon in advance of buying them, e.g. 75% of the price you pay if returned within 30 days?

kennyk wrote:

Anthony wrote:
kennyk wrote:
dougan wrote:

dougan

quick letter to trading standards, phone call to credit card company for a chargeback...

sounds simple and straightforward when you put it like that. has it worked for you in the past? it's worth knowing in case I'm ever in the situation

Anthony wrote:

kennyk wrote:
Anthony wrote:
kennyk wrote:
dougan wrote:

dougan

sounds simple and straightforward when you put it like that. has it worked for you in the past? it's worth knowing in case I'm ever in the situation

never tried it tbh, but I live in fear every time I do a mail order sale...

kennyk wrote:

Anthony wrote:
kennyk wrote:
Anthony wrote:
kennyk wrote:
dougan wrote:

dougan

never tried it tbh, but I live in fear every time I do a mail order sale...

just re-read my comment. sounds a bit sarcastic/smartarse which wasn't the intention:Not Sure:. i suppose i'm just interested to know how effective the law is in these situations, but i'm guessing it's still pretty stressful getting it sorted.

Have had a couple of pairs on a return basis from dealers.

Also had a couple from ebay, which were purchased blind. I only bid up to the point where I know I will regain most of the outlay if I sell them on.

dougan

Anthony wrote:

kennyk wrote:

just re-read my comment. sounds a bit sarcastic/smartarse which wasn't the intention:Not Sure:. i suppose i'm just interested to know how effective the law is in these situations, but i'm guessing it's still pretty stressful getting it sorted.

none taken, the sarchasm* does not need to be apologised for. :D

(*The abyss between the creator of witticisms and the intended recipient who does not find the humor in it)