Sign in to follow this  
GML

Hard Grind

That sounds great. Rye Cooder style guitar is v cool on the first track. I think I might have to invest in that one.

What's the recording like?

Tower USA show a choice of two - click here.

I've gone for the one on the 'Fat Possum' label as this one is made in the USA. I believe the other on 'On-u sound' label is probably an inferior sounding EU copy.

Myself andothers have often found that CD's recorded in the states sound much better if they are also manufactured there and not Germany, Austria etc.

I also use Djangosanother USA site. For obscure recordings try eil.com. You're probably already aware but Japanese made CD's sound absolutely fantastic.

Regards.

I wasn't aware of any of that actualy. I am now, Thanks. :cool:

Hey Snapper, Any other music in the SRV vien that you are aware of? SRV is an all tiome fave but I haven't really discovered much else like it.

Cheers,

James.

Guest 10k

try Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs is probably his best, stoned SRV meets Hendrix? definitely worth a fiver from Amazon

10k wrote:

try Robin Trower, Bridge of Sighs is probably his best, stoned SRV meets Hendrix? definitely worth a fiver from Amazon

Will do mate. Thanks.

Jammy theirs loads out there,maybe not all like SRV.But you could try Bonnie Raitt,J.J.Cale, Roy Buchanan,Keb Mo,Eric Bibb,Peter Green,Buddy Guy,Robert Cray,John Mayall.Also if you like well played guitar music you really should have some JOHN MARTYN in your collection.If going for a compilation then 'Sweet Little Mysteries : The Island Anthology' is the one to go for.Most other comps are unofficial and are very poor IMHO.This will give you a great insight into his music,going from Folk,Jazz,Rock,Experimental,Ambient and Blues.IMHO the most underrated musician/singer/songwriter about today.

A few there I have in my collection Snapper, but more importantly a few I haven't. I will have to go shopping soon I think.

Thanks for the John Martyn - not under-rated by me, but certainly overlooked. Always meant to buy Solid Air??? if I remember the title, but never got round to it.