JamPal

Newbie Intro's

Super Wammer

Great find, well worth keeping 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Maverick said:

It also has all his reviews of his vinyl. I didn't realise how much of a music pedant he was

Edited by Delibird
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Delibird said:

It also has all his reviews of his vinyl. I didn't realise how much of a music pedant he was

We definitely don't have any of those in here...:whistle:

• Haha 5

Super Wammer
On 06/04/2019 at 12:51, Maverick said:

Definitely a bit of history there.  To think a cassette deck cost over three times as much as a SME arm.  I know which is worth more now!

• Upvote 1

Hi there!

As someone in their late 40”s l’m unaccustomed to being called a newbie but I guess that”s what I am! 

Looking forward to getting a steer on things and picking a few brains.

Thanks for reading 👀

7 hours ago, MarcusB said:

Hi there!

As someone in their late 40”s l’m unaccustomed to being called a newbie but I guess that”s what I am! 

Thanks for reading 👀

welcome. As someone who was on the internet when email addresses were novel this is pretty much the best place on it. So well done on actual participation! I look forward to your input. 

keep an eye on the classifieds and don't forget that this site had a redesign a few years ago and we are still hoping the forums are a ok lol :)

• Like 1

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, MarcusB said:

Hi there!

Thanks for reading 👀

Big welcome, tends to be fairly social forum as well so do fill out your profile and watch for bake offs, if you are in the UK? newbies are always welcome (if you bring cake!), great way to meet members and hear different systems. 

And then there is our annual show in March . . . . 

Super Wammer

Hi,

I am Jessica, and although new to this forum, I am well known on the Lencoheaven site. Also met quite a few of the guys and gals over the last 3 years shows. Hi Kate, Tim and Mel :-)

My kit is in my profile but I am an electronics designer by trade and have been developing valve amps starting with a phono, and now starting a power amp all of course valve

I may have to change my status to trader in the future as I am to sell kits. 

Bye for now

Jessica 

Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, Jessica_k said:

Hi,

I am Jessica, and although new to this forum, I am well known on the Lencoheaven site. Also met quite a few of the guys and gals over the last 3 years shows. Hi Kate, Tim and Mel :-)

My kit is in my profile but I am an electronics designer by trade and have been developing valve amps starting with a phono, and now starting a power amp all of course valve

Bye for now

Jessica 

Welcome to the Wam, Jessica.

I look forward to meeting you at John's bake-off and listening to your phono stage.

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, Jessica_k said:

Hi,

Bye for now

Jessica 

welcome to the 'wam Jessica! maybe meet you at our show

• Upvote 1

Another new member here so hi. I am Stephen I am 35 and my kit consists of the following  

Rega Brio amplifier, Rega RS3 speakers, Audiolab 8200 CD player, Pro-ject Carbon turntable, Cord Mojo Dac and some Sennheiser Momentum headphones.

I love to collect old CD players and only brought the Audiolab 8200 CD player because I wanted to know what a 700 quid CD player sounded like. 

Super Wammer

A lot of us have the hunter-gatherer instinct (which some people very cruelly term as ‘hoarding’. :-)

it only ever seems to get worse!

so how did your Audiolab player compare to the rest of your players? What was your verdict?

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, MrReaper182 said:

Another new member here so hi. I am Stephen I am 35 and my kit consists of the following  

Rega Brio amplifier, Rega RS3 speakers, Audiolab 8200 CD player, Pro-ject Carbon turntable, Cord Mojo Dac and some Sennheiser Momentum headphones.

I love to collect old CD players and only brought the Audiolab 8200 CD player because I wanted to know what a 700 quid CD player sounded like. 

Welcome Stephen,

where about in England are you? Watch out in the thread for bake offs near you as this forum is quite sociable. We also have a member’s show every March, well worth make an effort to get there.

kr, Paul

hi all, just been described as " legendary" by audioshack.  this has prompted me to finally join instead of just lurking (for years) will add details of my various odds and ends when i get more into the workings of the site. 

Super Wammer
24 minutes ago, john de busse said:

hi all, just been described as " legendary" by audioshack.  this has prompted me to finally join instead of just lurking (for years) will add details of my various odds and ends when i get more into the workings of the site. 

Welcome John, do fill out your profile and if a nearby bake off appears in the BO thread don’t be afraid to ask newbies are usually given priority 

kind regards, Paul