Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Flyers to advertise the show

Are there any flyers left at all?

About ten thousand.

Any takers???

If you're able to collect for Monsieur le Rabski, then he'd be extraordinarily pleased to hear from you.

If that's too far out of the way, drop me a line with your address and how many you want.

Picked up a thick handful of these from BeoBloke at Tonbridge yesterday and took them round to Audio-T, Sevenoaks, Richer Sounds and Oxford Audio Consultants, all in Oxford, this morning. Audio-T and Sevenoaks were shut - they close on a Monday, but I have to be abroad for the rest of this week so it was either today or next Tuesday. I shoved 50 flyers through each of their letterboxes with a cheery note :). The folks in the other two shops were unaware of the event but seemed interested to hear about it and happy to make room for the flyers on the counter :^ (or was I just taken in by the professional salesmen's bonhomie ... ?).

Valvebloke

• Upvote 1

There was a time when hifi was a vocation, something that those in the industry were interested in. These days there are an increasing number of people for whom it is just a job. :(

Not the lovely, lovely dealers here, though! :hug:

I don't want to give the wrong impression. They really did seem interested, and I'm not taken in all that easily ...

VB

They are exactly the people we need to reach. It's good for them and their business - customer comes in and says he's interested in something like his old XYZ SuperWotsit and salesperson says I heard one of those at a show recently... We may even get them interested in the Wam.

At this stage it matters not where the flyers go, so long as there is a vague interest in the show. When dishing the flyers out, tell the recipients about the preview piece in Hifi Choice, or the news item in HiFi-World. Suggest they keep an eye on forthcoming magazines, because at least one will carry at least a brief review (I hope! :upgrade:)