adsa

Leak Stereo 30 Plus

Super Wammer
34 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

They do look like Kondo’s I agree, a ‘homage’ perhaps?

Horns, I have a pair going cheap ( ish).

Keith

Keith I have looked at your site and nothing on there has any resemblance to my idea of cheap (even - ish)

Super Dealer

RME DACs and ADCs whilst not cheap aren’t expensive, Benchmark pretty decent value too.

Keith

Super Dealer

Well almost but I don’t think the Topping for example which is an excellently engineered dac  has the versatility of the RME units.

Keith

Edited by PuritéAudio

On 10/12/2018 at 21:22, PuritéAudio said:

Well the expensive ones have a nice case of course, the case is the single biggest component cost.

I just stock the best measuring, Benchmark aren’t cheap but they measure as well as anything, I don’t stock ‘effect boxes’.

Keith

All I know is my old Hafler has a cheap steel case .. however in 1979 it retailed built for about £450+  which was not far off the price of a Meridian 105, was dearer than a Quad 405 .. I agree many modern amps have cases that appear to cost a lot but  checking Ali Express - nice cases need not cost a fortune (if sourced from China).    Audio Research stuff has lovely fascias but the actual case is not very expensive .. the cost of the components inside are (transformers etc.)   It does beg the question that with some amps are you paying for the eye candy rather than the sound.  

Edited by uzzy

Super Dealer

Well of course you are, here an expensive ‘Vitus’ compared to an inexpensive Emotiva,

http://archimago.blogspot.com/search?q=Vitus

Keith

It is all relative - look at the prices of aluminium amplifier enclosures from China - if you move below the intricate designs  of the Chord and Pass - there are wonderful boxes to be had for half the price and far far less as you work down.  Still at least you know that almost a grand of the Chord amp is the case pmsl  https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-aluminum-amplifier-enclosure.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.60e67b863vHiSv&site=glo&g=y&SortType=price_desc&SearchText=aluminum+amplifier+enclosure&groupsort=1&needQuery=n

Great another Chinese flag waver whilst out dole queues get longer and the deficit deeper!

Edited by EbbandFlow