Sign in to follow this  

Jeff Buckley.

man you surely are deaf, the man buckley has the voice of an angel, just wish he had been around longer, his father is good, but his voice isn't as sweet.

Hey AK, a nice voice does not necessarily a good album make. I'm sure the boy Buckley has indeed got the voice of an angel, he just doesn't do it for me. I bought the album on the back of tens of thousands of people saying it was a golden great (not to me personally I hasten to add). Maybe I'm missing something, each to their own. I go for good songs first and foremost, if atop singer is handling the vocals then great but if the songs aren't worth shit then I can't listen to 'em. :P

hey Injector I wasn't being serious, each to their own an all that, i reckon Buckleys songs are pretty good, but I also believe we only got the tip of the iceberg, have you listened to his father, Tim Buckley, his voice isn't as sweet, but he's good, and the songs are top class too, he also had more albums out.

check out Tim Buckley's "Happy Sad" probably his most accesable album, if you don't like this, you'll prolly not like the rest. "Buzzin Fly" and Gypsy Woman" from this album are fantastic IMHO

'Grace' is a a very fine album. Definitely a sad loss as clearly a talented chap.

Tim Buckley was an extraordinary artist. Sadly, his two best albums 'Blue Afternoon' and 'Starsailor' are unavailable on CD. Tim veered all the way from gentle folk to far-out, experimental jazz. He was also a magnificent singer.

As a result of this thread I have been listening to Grace in the office this afternoon, having played it a few times in the past but not recently. It’s all right in my opinion, not something I would listen to on a regular basis. I do however think Hallelujah is a truly exceptional track, standing head and shoulders above any other track on the album IMHO.:)

Whenever I listen to it I enjoy it but I dont listen to it very often. It does seem to get hyped up rather a lot.