Sign in to follow this  

Jeff Buckley.

Well what are peoples opinions of the late Jeff Buckley. Its too easy to lament his passing and to wonder what if he had lived. But he didn't so judging by his one true body of work and not the desperate issuing of four track demo's does he deserve the iconic status he has achieved. By the way i play " Grace " at least once a week so if you are going to be disparaging at least do it constructively rather than the usual overrated and crap retorts.:P

Ah diplomacy is a wonderful thing. Right now tell me what you really think

Well, it has become apparent to me that the two of us live in totally discrete musical universes, who for some strange masochistic reason, known only to universal laws, have collided in this little homemade forum. Jeff Buckley? Wouldn't have made it past the Sentinel Black Hole of Good Musical Taste to arrive intact at my planet's solar system.:P

Duvet wrote:

I bet Jammy enters the ring with some joke about Uranus now

I am not about to enter the ring in Uranus!

Injector wrote:

Can't see what all the fuss is about. I bought Grace on the back of some truly out of this world reviews.....and thought it was shite. Bland, dull, average, mediocre.......:Upset:

This froma man who has Aha and Meatloaf in his top ten tunes of all time.. They should confiscate your HiFi matey.:nup::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

:D

Hey, Bat Out of Hell is in my faves list because I bought it when I was 13 and grew up with it. Maybe if I bought it now I'd think it was cack - how many "uncool" records do you possess that mean something to you? Same with A-ha - they must be one of the most uncool bands to ever grace the planet and I'm a heavy rocker but still appreciate some of their songs. Fine pop if you ask me and kudos to myself for admitting, honestly, what my fave tunes are.:dunno:

PS Jeff Buckley is still mediocre whatever you say!

Injector wrote:

:D

Hey, Bat Out of Hell is in my faves list because I bought it when I was 13 and grew up with it. Maybe if I bought it now I'd think it was cack - how many "uncool" records do you possess that mean something to you? Same with A-ha - they must be one of the most uncool bands to ever grace the planet and I'm a heavy rocker but still appreciate some of their songs. Fine pop if you ask me and kudos to myself for admitting, honestly, what my fave tunes are.:dunno:

Don't worry I have plenty of stuff in my rack that I wouldn't admit to so Kudos added :D

Injector wrote:

man you surely are deaf, the man buckley has the voice of an angel, just wish he had been around longer, his father is good, but his voice isn't as sweet.

Well each man's poison is different but from the first moment i heard Mojo Pin from "Grace"the hairs on the back of my wolverine neck stood on end and its been that way every time i play that album. I also play it in its entirety there isn't one track to me that i think is a filler. I suppose music is about eliciting an emotion from us whether that be sad ,happy ,reflective or just to know we can feel and Buckley does that in spades for me. When you forget about balanced against rca and 24/192 and what colour your bloody equipment is and on what rack it sits .The end result is the music we listen toand keep revisiting and listening to. Great albums have a timeless quality that transcends the current genre and stay at the forefront no matter what. So what i'm saying is that Buckley for me is timeless and the only really sad fact is that knowing how passionate to me his music was that really to only have one album as a legacy is tragic .

applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif

That was beautiful. Worthy of being on the Editor's Foreword on HFC, with warm puppies, cookies and all.

BTW you should wax your neck IMHO. Having the hairs on your back rising up isn't necessarily a sure indicator that the music is good. Could merely be static caused by clothing friction.

solidstateman wrote:

applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif

That was beautiful. Worthy of being on the Editor's Foreword on HFC, with warm puppies, cookies and all.

BTW you should wax your neck IMHO. Having the hairs on your back rising up isn't necessarily a sure indicator that the music is good. Could merely be static caused by clothing friction.

hey just coz you like spandex, the rest of us prefer natural fibers :D