Sign in to follow this  
Bracko

CD Player mods

Hi Mr C. I've got a Cyrus CD8x and the Cyrus DAC XP. Despite several queries it doesn't look as though Cyrus will ever make a pure transport so I'm toying with the idea of making my own. I have a psx-r for the unit aswell and am wondering whether or not it would be possible to use this purely for power (Currently the unit uses a bit of internal and external) I was hoping that you would reply, as I would be more comfortable having a chat with someone locally than by post etc. What are your thoughts, am I wasting my time or do you think it's something worth pursuing? The only reason I'm thinking about it, is because I had a listen to a CD7 that has been modded and I was impressed with the results.

Well, first off I'd just like to say how very helpful Tony has been. I've spent a good deal of time with him today and seem to come up with a solution to the problem I was experiencing with a fatiguing sound at higher listening levels. It doesn't involve modding my CD Player or getting a new one. It's not going to be cheap but neither is it expensive when put into context of what it did to my system.If anyone is looking at cables, I can at least recommend an audition of Tony's as I truly believe that you will be pleasantly suprised. I also got to listen to one of his 'projects' today and must say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I won't say what it was,I'll leave that for Tony but some of you might be getting your cheque books out once you've had a listen.