alphatoner

Almost bought a Leben

I've been searching for either a Leben or Luxman SQ38u. This evening I spotted a lovely leben CS600 for sale at Audioaffair. went off to check the difference between the various models. Came back half hour later and bugger me if the thing hasn't sold.

Bollocks to it, ruined my week-end and tomorrow I've got 6 hour poxy round trip to the hospital so yet another wanky day in prospect. Bollocks and double bollocks.

been there - done that - annoying init

if I see something I fancy these days I buy it and sell it if it isn;t as good as I had hoped it would be - the Leben RS28 pre I have now was a spur of the moment thing and it doesn't look like going any time soon - most of the Leben stuff is excellent, if you do get a 600 or a 300 you won;t regret it

i enquired about that Leben two or three weeks ago, again they went to check its availablity (how can you not know if you have it or not??) Seems they havent removed it from the site then. :x

i think it depends on speeks - if you ave sensitive souls the the 300 wins hands down for me but if you need more power the x or the 600 are better

not totally convinced by the power amps - need to hear more though as only heard the 200 (now discont) so far

As always and with anything synergy is the watch word. Loved the CS600 with my Proacs, less so with a fine pair of ESL 57s. Lovely amp, lot of money.

Try a Pass F3 or 5.......I did after the CS600.......

Try a Pass F3 or 5.......I did after the CS600.......

Except they are power amps not integrated, so not what I'm after.

Ah, yes......if you only need one input, an LFD works very well I find, BUT.....not everyone does!

The CS600 IS a lovely thing.

There's a Macintosh going in Sales.......

Good luck.

Super Wammer

The 300 and 300x are cracking amps but being an old lazy bugger wouldn't have one because there is no remote.

Most albums seem to require differing volume settings.

Soundwise they are sublime.

Pound for pound I would say the CS300 is a better amp..

can kinda see where you are coming from with this....when I heard both side by side, the 600 was clearly the 'better' amp...better defenition, cleaner, imaging a tad more precise, more dynamic......

but it was the 300 I fell in love with. The sound, lokks and build were so exactly 'right' that I'd have that and build round it....in fact some idiot started a thread all about that 2 weeks ago, then his computer went 'phut' (he started a thread about THAT too) and then he forgot until now.

was that all a red herring?

The Leben RS-28CX and a vintage Shindo preamp take pride and place in my preamp collection. I have had many preamps including the Wavac PR-T1...there is a beauty in the Leben sound :)