Guest pobox-123

Exposure

Speaker cable wise, anything low capacitance is cool, mainly due to lack of Zobel output circuit (similar to Naim, NVA etc). Cat5e cables are definitely a big no-no. Big chunky solid core mains cable is good. I'm using some NVA cables at the mo.

I've had most iterations of the Exposure amp range over the past 25 years. I love the fact that they can still hold their own against most amps on the market today, and are fully servicable by Exposure. A VI PSU/Dual VII Pre/ Super VIII Power is a great combination. A more recent combo that works is the XXIRC Pre and 2 x XVIII Mono Power: I believe Gromit has this set-up, but like me, he's been through the range of Farlowe-era Exposure products. They make music fun.

Or you can go totally over the top and get 4 x XVIs...

dscf3529-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been a long time user of Exposure IX, XIV and Dual Regulated IV, last models, I was thinking of upgrading to XXI but these I believe are virtually impossible to source, they are also getting quite old now (I purchased them new) which modern Naim amps do you think are comparable.

On 29/04/2019 at 08:33, mcinnesian@hotmail.com said:

I have been a long time user of Exposure IX, XIV and Dual Regulated IV, last models, I was thinking of upgrading to XXI but these I believe are virtually impossible to source, they are also getting quite old now (I purchased them new) which modern Naim amps do you think are comparable.

None.

Naim and Exposure are totally different in presentation. 

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, mcinnesian@hotmail.com said:

Not what I asked

Did you want something that will work - that is, be compatible - or sound similar?  

A bit more detail might elicit some more useful replies.  As pp said, the days when both were odd shaped boxes built in Southern England that might have shared some characteristics is long gone. 

Posted (edited)

No as I am not asking about similar sound, equivalent performance as a starting point, some people suggest obsolete 135 which I imagine a pair would lie between NAP 250 or 300. My IVDR is the last model,  I did run it again Naim in demos, but its so long ago as I purchased them new I cannot remember which, obviously I preferred Exposure at the time which is why I bought them. At the time I did given them fair competition not a Nait.

Edited by mcinnesian@hotmail.com