Sign in to follow this  

Laura Veirs

7559798932.JPG

Anyone got this Laura Veirs " Year of Meteors " . Like to take a chance but after the disastrous Eno cd following a over-hyped review:P would prefer some back up on this one

Duvet wrote:

7559798932.JPG

"Good afternoon Mister. Please take this brochure. It contains information about the evil consequences of eating un-organic food and not adhering to an asexual lifestyle. Good day and peas to you." :D

I'm presupposing Ms Veirs specializes in highly intellectual/angry/ feminist/environmental/global-conscious music. If it's bubblegum pop and dance instead, that cover is not going to help sales.;)

Why not take a chance on a different Laura instead - Laura Cantrell.

whentheroses.jpg

Ok, she is country and western, but don't let that put you off. She hasa voice as sweet as you will ever hear. Visit her website, www.lauracantrell.com. Plenty of good downloads for you to sample.

Wonderful, Notaclue.:^

Here's another great Laura to watch. Soprano Laura Aikin. She represents the new generation of modern-day colouratura sopranos who possess keenly dramatic gifts. You could almost call her a singing actress. Although I have not seen her live on stage, the "demo tapes" whistling2.gifI have heard of her stage performances are rather excellent.

lulu_operhaus_2000_zurich3.jpg

As Lulu in Berg's opera of the same name, at the Zurich Opernhaus, demonstrating the right attitude a dominant woman should exercise on her man. :love::love::love:

ps: Although it was Zurich, I don't think that old rug Tones ever attended a single one of her performances.:P:nup:

I know alot of guys pay good money for that sort of treatment. Personally i'll stick to me pipe and slippers;)

To come back briefly to the topic, the Laura Veirs album is a cracker. :D

Have purchased this and it should arrive in a couple of days. She looks kind of geeky and i can see where solid coming from with the angst ridden feminine look. We'll see or hear to be more correct:cool:

Well, good luck. Hope you enjoy it.

If I may, it has become apparent that you are suffering from a disturbing fetish for collecting music sung by chanteuses with long horse-like faces and low lower jaws.

The a-bicycle-fell-on-my-face-when-I-was-a-little-girl look. icon_mrgreen.gif

diana_krall.jpg7559798932.JPG

diana_krall.jpg

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::love::love::love:

7559798932.JPG

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Guest earl of sodbury

Alack! Alas! Too late I am come amongst you to warnthat Miss Veirs' voice exactly matches her appearance, notably her chest, which is best described as planar... If flat, whiny and canadienne* is Your Thing then dive-in... Songs and music do have a nicegentle innovativeslope to them, mind...

For all those "what does Band X sound like/should I buy it?"s, may I commend you to Messrs Google and Co's marvellous "search engine" device - simply enter "Band X" and the word "sample", anda multitude of aural opportunities will unfurl before you, for your sampling pleasure.

Mightsave a few bob...

churz, eofs

*she's actually from Colorado, but sounds canadienneTM to me.

I dooooonnnnt believe it. This thread been here a week or so and i order it Saturday only for you to inform me it may be shit. I'm very pleased with your new purchase Earl but also remember you have an inherent responsibility to the forum and in this instance you have been sadly lacking. Consider yourself told off and forgiven. I now get the impression that Miss Veirs perception of a Brazilian is vastly different to mine.:roll:

I, on the other hand, commend the Sod :^for having the courage and vision to warn fellow wammers of potential bad music purchases, however subjective his opinions may, or may not!, be.

The truth needs to be told sometimes, however much it may whine.teufel55.gif

Let this be a lesson too: never trust music recommendations from a guy who listens to Cyrus.:roll: What are your fellow MFians for?

:peace: