Random image of the day 3

'Dad - that's enough photos for now!'

46900771235_8e52ddf3a8_b.jpgHands by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2/XF56-1.2
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gromit said:
Fuji X-T2/XF56-1.2

I hadn't noticed that you are using an X-T2 Richard :shock:  That 56mm is great but I already have the 18-135, 18-55, 35 1.4 and the 10-24 ....  I've been thinking about the X100f and those nice people at LCE (who you are entirely familiar with :D) lent me one yesterday. I've decided that lovely as it is it's not for me. Beautiful as it is I'd probably rather have a fixed lens at 18mm like the Ricoh Ben has just been getting.

Have you ditched the Sony ?

Edited by Sumdumgi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

I hadn't noticed that you are using an X-T2 Richard :shock:  That 56mm is great but I already have the 18-135, 18-55, 35 1.4 and the 10-24 ....  I've been thinking about the X100f and those nice people at LCE (who you are entirely familiar with :D) lent me one yesterday. I've decided that lovely as it is it's not for me. Beautiful as it is I'd probably rather have a fixed lens at 18mm like the Ricoh Ben has just been getting.

Have you ditched the Sony ?

Hi Les - the Sony's still here. :^

I would've taken it to HK but its files are so big they end up taking a huge amount of hard drive space on my MacBook. I've got 4 more weddings to do this year (for friends) where the A7RIII just delivers big style - the eye-AF is just insane and works brilliantly for subject (ie person) isolation in crowds. Log someone's face in the menu (eg the Bride) and the AF will follow her around a room.  Sony have recently perfected animal eye-AF.

The X100F is a difficult one; it came up trumps on holiday and spent a lot of time with the WCL fitted which gives, as you know, a 28 mm focal length or thereabouts. I'm very interested in the Ricoh though, and it would be a great companion for the Sony when out and about. I love the Fuji, it feels just 'right' but this Huawei phone is amazing - not going to pretend it's as good as the Fuji (I'm daft, but not that daft!) it's more than able for use as a photographic tool, and will always be with me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gromit said:

The X100F is a difficult one; it came up trumps on holiday and spent a lot of time with the WCL fitted which gives, as you know, a 28 mm focal length or thereabouts. I'm very interested in the Ricoh though, and it would be a great companion for the Sony when out and about.

Just reading Fuji rumours today and an XF200 due early 2020. I do not want to mess about with a WCL. The XF 18mm gets very moderate reviews otherwise I’d have bought a second hand one for £250 and a new XT30 which would give me a very small street option and another XF body to use my existing lenses on for less than the new price of the X100f :whistle:

33942103218_8d33755d4e_b.jpg

Fuji XPro1 + XF 35mm f1.4

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

Just reading Fuji rumours today and an XF200 due early 2020. I do not want to mess about with a WCL. The XF 18mm gets very moderate reviews otherwise I’d have bought a second hand one for £250 and a new XT30 which would give me a very small street option and another XF body to use my existing lenses on for less than the new price of the X100f :whistle:

That does make a lot of sense - you need to want the X100F, and for the most part it doesn't make financial sense, especially (as you rightly say) cheaper alternatives are available from the same stable. Personally, I like it for the leaf shutter and am tentatively looking into the use of daytime fill-flash having recently got a used EF20, which will of course work perfectly on the Pro1/T2 as well. The built-in ND is also a bonus. Definitely a camera which brings out the subjectivity in us! :)

• Like 1

32881298657_0276a16353_h.jpgDandelion by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Huawei P20 Pro - RAW (dng) converted in LR6

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Gromit said:

Was I the only one who couldn't resist blowing on the screen ? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gromit said:

32881298657_0276a16353_h.jpgDandelion by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Huawei P20 Pro - RAW (dng) converted in LR6

Lovely shot.

I have a P20 Pro myself, but had no idea it could focus that close!

24 minutes ago, horace said:

Lovely shot.

I have a P20 Pro myself, but had no idea it could focus that close!

Thanks H - this was pretty much on the limit, but to be fair the image has been cropped too from the original 40MP file. 

2 hours ago, Gromit said:

Thanks H - this was pretty much on the limit, but to be fair the image has been cropped too from the original 40MP file. 

In that case, the image quality is doubly impressive.

13 hours ago, Gromit said:

Impressive!!!

• Like 1

Knockhill Race Circuit - Scotland

33959068948_d24304a7a9_b.jpgKnockhill Race Circuit - Scotland by APM Photography, on Flickr

D850 -- Nikkor 24-120mm -- iso 64 -- handheld -- @ f/4.5 -- 120mm end

• Like 2