Sign in to follow this  
Joff

New prototype design, what do you think?

Now that is absolutely gorgeous....if it sounds half as good as it looks, I want one! Great choice of woods and plished metal.....crackin!

Super Wammer

Looks lovely! Lush renders as well :cool:

Very nice :)

Stunning. Gorgeous. :love: While it wouldn't look so good in the pics, could there be a lid available?

I hereby offer my services for acceptance and usability testing.

Joff wrote:

Un-suspended belt drive high mass design. 40mm deep 8kg platter.

newpalmerview3_2.jpg?t=1249053003

newpalmerview4_2.jpg?t=1249052970

newpalmerview1.jpg

Now that is MUCH nicer looking than your other one. Very, very nice indeed and gets a big :^thumbs-up from me. Would be interested to hear how it sounds. Any ideas on price yet? Around the 3.5k-4k I'd imagine looking at the perceivedquality and materials used. Go on, suprise me!

A very nice looking piece of kit, and worthy of a pride of place in any music room.:^

Very very pretty and more to my liking than the MkIV and MkV decks on the web site (even though I'm a Michell man). I do wonder about a cover though.

A lot more than £3k I'd say - more like £5k-£6k, plus arm + cart.

Guest paskinn

Looks quite lovely, and also looks well made, a bit 'micro seiki'; But a turntable is a vibration sensing device, and it should only sense the vibration from the stylus; that requires first-class isolation.No amount of mass will do it (think of vibrations through a heavyfloor or wall).There are lots of 'add ons' for such decks...but that is what they are, 'add-ons.'

Bring-back properly designed decks, with proper suspension as a basic feature of their design.Costs more, is far harder to design...but it is the proper way!

Well, that was most satisfying! Still a lovely looking deck. Good luck.

Frank Abela wrote:

Very very pretty and more to my liking than the MkIV and MkV decks on the web site (even though I'm a Michell man). I do wonder about a cover though.

A lot more than £3k I'd say - more like £5k-£6k, plus arm + cart.

5k-6k would be well over the odds (in my opinion) for a turntable with a wooden plinth andwith no arm/cart supplied.

5k with an arm/cart of sortswould be a killer package.

paskinn wrote:

Looks quite lovely, and also looks well made, a bit 'micro seiki'; But a turntable is a vibration sensing device, and it should only sense the vibration from the stylus; that requires first-class isolation.No amount of mass will do it (think of vibrations through a heavyfloor or wall).There are lots of 'add ons' for such decks...but that is what they are, 'add-ons.'

Bring-back properly designed decks, with proper suspension as a basic feature of their design.Costs more, is far harder to design...but it is the proper way!

Well, that was most satisfying! Still a lovely looking deck. Good luck.

Its funny, but there are numerous engineers who've designed some truly magnificent turntables who'd disagree:?

I for one don't subscribe to the 'suspended is best' school of thought by any means, and I've owned suspended decks which have been far more vunerable to airborne feedback than my current non-suspended high mass deck...

Guest sq225917

You would expect a suspended deck to be more prone to airborne, but less prone to ground borne noise/vibration.